The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Sony Discussion

Old 09-19-2018, 05:35 AM   #1
Hagane
Unlucky dog

Playstation Classic

Quote:
Sony is launching a PlayStation Classic console this December loaded with 20 games

20 ‘genre-defining’ games and two controllers for $99.99

Sony is following in Nintendo’s footsteps and bringing back its original PlayStation console nearly 25 years after its initial release as a miniature gaming device called the PlayStation Classic, the company announced today. The device will cost $99.99 ( €99.99 / 9,980 yen / £89.99) and, similar to Nintendo’s NES and SNES Classic consoles, will come pre-loaded with 20 “genre-defining” titles, including Final Fantasy VII, Tekken 3, and Ridge Racer Type 4. The device will launch globally on December 3rd.

In addition to a standard mini-PlayStation, buyers will also get two classic PS1 controllers for games that support local multiplayer when they purchase the bundle. We don’t yet have a full list of games, but Sony’s press release confirms two other titles: Jumping Flash and Wild Arms.

Source: https://www.theverge.com/2018/9/19/1...e-date-pricing

Just when I thought I was lucky after getting a snes classic mini. With that date is going to be a true hell to get one.

Also the lenght of those pad cords looks awfully short.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 01:20 PM   #2
Rubeus

It looks cool, is it just an emulation box just like SNES Mini? Also will there be any texture smoothing filters?

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Quote:
Sony Interactive Entertainment has announced PlayStation Classic, a miniature games console that mirrors the look of the original PlayStation and comes pre-loaded with 20 games. It will launch in limited quantities on December 3 in North America, Europe, and Japan for $99 / €99 / 9,980 yen.

The design of the miniature console resembles the original, including the button layout, two included controllers, and outer package. It is 45 percent smaller on the sides and 80 percent smaller in volume than the original console. It includes an HDMI cable for connecting to external displays, and a USB cable which needs to be connected to a commercially sold USB AC Adaptor for power supply from the plug.

Of the 20 included titles, the following have been confirmed:

Final Fantasy VII (Square Enix)
Jumping Flash! (SIE)
R4 Ridge Racer Type 4 (Bandai Namco Entertainment)
Tekken 3 (Bandai Namco Entertainment)
Wild Arms (SIE)

Select titles will support local multiplayer gameplay using the two controllers.

https://gematsu.com/2018/09/playstat...hes-december-3
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 04:23 PM   #3
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
At least it's games I like so far. But, I own. I shall wait to see if it's worth it to get since the only reason I would like to get this is cause of no memory cards!
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 07:05 PM   #4
Nem
Smash bro!

I still have mine with a ton of games so... yeah, too soon.

Though if they release it on EU with Xenogears and Chrono cross i'll get it.
Old 09-19-2018, 07:39 PM   #5
RYU

for me, all mini are useless cuz over price and there other cheap options to play these games.
these companies doing this just for money.

just my optional
Old 09-19-2018, 07:58 PM   #6
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Don't forget that the PS3s still play PSone disc games. Just not PS2 games natively.

This is really only good for people who didn't grow up with it and not like the NES/SNES where you have to buy everyone used to play them again or roms/emulators. But for PSone, just have to get the game and blam! you can start it up again with the PS3.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 09:30 PM   #7
Drunken Savior
El Psy Kongroo!

Nah, I'm good. My emulator is better than yours. The last thing I need is another box connected to my receiver.

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 08:34 PM   #8
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

Easiest preorder ever. Had no problem unlike nintendo.

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote