The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > MagicBox Member Reviews

Old 04-25-2005, 02:11 AM   #76
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

i can get mega man x8 for $20 at best buy gearhound, do you think it is worth it?

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 03:24 AM   #77
gearhound
Versus the World

it is definately worth it.
Old 04-25-2005, 04:15 AM   #78
Paper exe
Pwnd

Quote:
Note: I threw my controller once.
You know if I loosed more then once I get really angry in a short time and threw the controller but Megaman is one of the few games that I don't care if I lost maybe because I knew that the game will never last long.
Paper exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 07:07 PM   #79
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhound
do you think burnout 3 has better graphics that outrun 2?
No I do not. But fellow forum member Vicviper thought that maybe, perhaps, you just might have said that once. He wasn't sure, so I had to axe you. I can ban him if you'd like.

For now the search for the forum member who said Burnout 3 has better graphics than Out Run 2 continues...
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 07:30 PM   #80
gearhound
Versus the World

i see... what's the big deal though? you should make a thread about it

anyway, i am going to try and pump out a lot of reviews this summer.

Last edited by gearhound; 04-25-2005 at 07:58 PM.
gearhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 02:33 AM   #81
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhound
it is definately worth it.
i was definately worth it. X8 is pretty awesome and i do not understand why it did not get better reviews. Its fun, but man is it hard.

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 09:02 PM   #82
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Gearhound, review Nintendogs ASAP!
Old 04-27-2005, 10:54 PM   #83
gearhound
Versus the World

dude, it's a puppy simulation. you know it's a perfect game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavedFromSin
i was definately worth it. X8 is pretty awesome and i do not understand why it did not get better reviews. Its fun, but man is it hard.
yeah, i know how you feel. i don't understand why the reviews were so low either; it isn't a bad game.
Old 04-28-2005, 02:21 AM   #84
Icarus4578
Deal with it.

I'm not sure that I want to spend any more money on a Mega Man title. It may still be fun in its 3D outfit but.... it's just not the same anymore. 2D is Mega Man's home. For me, it's like if they were to suddenly take a bunch of classic cartoons such as Thundercats, He-Man and the like, and remake them all in 3D. UGHx149374!!!
Old 04-28-2005, 05:49 AM   #85
Joe Redifer
Olé!

You heard Icarus, Gearhound... Please review Thundercats 3D.
Old 04-29-2005, 07:48 PM   #86
gearhound
Versus the World

i will see what i can do
Old 05-02-2005, 02:49 PM   #87
gearhound
Versus the World

Resident Evil 4 is the best game in the series.

Prepare to be blown away

Resident Evil 4
Released: January 2005
Console: Gamecube
Publisher: Capcom
Developer: Capcom

Overview
It all started in 1996 when Capcom released Resident Evil for the Playstation. Capcom?s new series started a survival horror phenomenon, and Resident Evil 4 has taken the genre to a whole new level. The long wait is finally over; Resident Evil 4 has bombarded Gamecube owners everywhere. So, you think the Gamecube is for little babies, do you? RE4 will change that way of thinking. This is one experience you should not miss out on.

Story: 8.5/10
You control Leon Kennedy from Resident Evil 2. Leon was once a member of the Racoon Police Department, but now he is an agent for the U.S. government. He is asked to look for the President?s daughter who was kidnapped by an unknown organization. This is the only thing you know when you start the game. Leon begins his search in a remote village in Europe. As you progress you will witness unimaginable atrocities, run into new and returning characters, and interact with some mind-blowing boss encounters. The cut scenes are superb and very well done.

Graphics: 10/10
The level of detail in this game is utterly spectacular, and the real-time graphics engine is especially impressive. The village you start out in is very direful, eerie and rundown; running around in it gives off a very disturbing vibe. There are no pre-rendered backdrops like previous titles. The Gamecube certainly proves how powerful it is with this title. I dare you to play this game in the bedroom with the lights off.

Gameplay: 10/10
The best part of Resident Evil 4 is the gameplay. Capcom has shattered the realms of survival horror and ushered in a new gaming experience. The camera has been overhauled and set in a third-person perspective. This isn?t your ordinary third-person perspective where the character is placed in the middle of the screen. Instead, Leon is shifted to the left side of the screen. Every weapon is equipped with a laser sight for precise head-exploding action (yes, heads explode in dramatic fashion). You can always blast key points such as arms and legs to render your foe helpless for a few seconds. Once Leon locates Ashley, the President?s daughter, she accompanies you throughout the game. You must protect her and keep her from getting nabbed by enemies. If they do manage to pick her up you can shoot them in the leg or any other area and they will drop her; this is a big part of the gameplay because if she dies, the game is over. As you approach the village you?ll notice all of the villagers minding their own business, farming, moving hay, et cetera. As soon as they notice you the insanity sets in. You have no idea why these raging psychos are coming at you with pitchforks, axes and chainsaws. Once they notice you they scream at you in Spanish and alert others of your presence. The enemy's A.I. is very good. The game isn?t too difficult, but it certainly proves to be challenging. There are plenty of things to unlock such as mini games, extra costumes, and a professional difficulty level. You can buy weapons and items and upgrade your weapons from a mysterious merchant who appears throughout the game. New to the series is the ability to interact with enemies, bosses and other obstacles with the action button (A) as it flashes on-screen. The boss interactions are especially cool.

Sound: 9.5/10
The sound in this game is fantastic. Weapon effects are awesome; the roar of a chainsaw in the background will have a profound affect on you. The voice acting is pretty good and is the best the series has to offer so far. Leon has experienced this horror before, but not on this level. The soundtrack is fuel for the experience and adds an incredible amount of tension to the game.

Overall experience: 10/10
Resident Evil 4 is mind blowing. I have never experienced a game this intense before. If you disliked the controls of previous games in the series, or if you have never experienced Resident Evil before, you owe it to yourself to play Resident Evil 4. This game alone is worth purchasing a Gamecube for. Resident Evil 4 is one of the best games of this year and this generation.

Final Score: 9.6/10

Last edited by gearhound; 09-06-2005 at 06:12 PM.
gearhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 04:05 PM   #88
gearhound
Versus the World

i want to review some GBA games... that sounds really fun. final fight, double dragon, golden sun, etc. would be great for starters.
Old 05-02-2005, 04:50 PM   #89
Paper exe
Pwnd

Quote:
I dare you to play this game in the bedroom with the lights off.
I cannot do that because playing in night and the light turned off is bad for my eyes.

Quote:
I want to review some GBA games
Boktai 2 (note that I could not find Boktai 1 )
I want to review it but I cannot because I have to play the first one so that I can understand the story but believe me I only played two Stages and it turn out to be one of my favorite GBA games not only it is great but it have great Soundtrack (keep in mind that I only played less then half of the game but I still heard a lot of great musics)
Paper exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 05:05 PM   #90
gearhound
Versus the World

unfortunately, paper, i have yet to experience either game. however, i do look forward to playing them. i wish i had more time.