Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Sony Discussion

Old 02-20-2020, 12:32 AM   #1
Rubeus

Sony is giving out PS4 themes and a real-life platinum trophy

Click for full size

Quote:
Sony is giving out PS4 themes and a real-life platinum trophy

The 2020 PlayStation Player Celebration

Sony wants us to play more games and earn more trophies in 2020 with an initiative it's calling the PlayStation Player Celebration. In exchange for hitting collective milestones – 125K games played and 500K trophies earned, to start – players will unlock exclusive PS4 themes and avatars. There's also a chance to win one of those ridiculous real-life platinum trophies that Sony has given out in the past.

Before you start any marathon sessions, there are a few dates and caveats to keep in mind.

As of February 18, you can register your PSN ID to participate in the PlayStation Player Celebration. Then, on February 24, the first community goal will open up. That's when you can contribute.

Goal One
  • 125K games played
  • 500K Trophies earned
  • Reward: An exclusive static PS4 theme

Goal Two
  • 375K games played
  • 1.5M Trophies earned
  • Reward: Five exclusive PS4 avatars

Goal Three
  • 675K games played
  • 2.7M Trophies earned
  • Reward: An exclusive dynamic PS4 theme

Here's the fine print on what qualifies: "Every individual game you play for at least one hour (across as many sessions as you like) counts towards the goal," and "every trophy you earn in any game you play is counted – and multiplayer game trophies count as double (up to a limit of six trophies per day)."

As for the engraved platinum trophy, it's not so easy. You'll need to show up on this website on March 17 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific and be one of the first two people to correctly answer a question. The prize package includes the trinket, a hundred-dollar PlayStation Store voucher, and several game codes.

The only thing holding back the collaborative goals is raising enough awareness for folks to register in the first place, but I'm sure all three milestones will be met all the same. People like trophy hunting.

https://www.destructoid.com/sony-is-...y-580955.phtml
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 02-25-2020, 03:31 AM   #2
Joe Redifer
Olé!

How can any person play 675K games? I do not understand this. There aren't even 675K games to play. Now if you count, say, everybody's copy of uncharted 4 as its own "play" then there should be MILLIONS and MILLIONS of games played.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 09:10 AM   #3
Nem
Smash bro!

Maybe Esca qualifies. XD

I honestly don't know anyone else that buys that many games and plays them.
But, yeah, this is for crazy people.
Old 02-27-2020, 01:19 AM   #4
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
yah, I don't get these "goals". They don't make sense.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 08:11 AM   #5
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nem View Post
Maybe Esca qualifies. XD

haha, I mean I play everthing on the Xbox that I can but even then I've only played 684 games across the XB360/XB1. How the hell can anyone play that many games and is there even that many games on the Playstation? That's a whole load of utter crap you'd have to play.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 10:03 AM   #6
Nem
Smash bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escaflowne2001 View Post
haha, I mean I play everthing on the Xbox that I can but even then I've only played 684 games across the XB360/XB1. How the hell can anyone play that many games and is there even that many games on the Playstation? That's a whole load of utter crap you'd have to play.
Wow... that is not even 1k. Yeah, this is sounding like bollocks from Sony. Trophies only started with ps3, so it would have to be all ps3,ps4 and vita games. Hard to believe there would be as much as 675k games.
Old 03-16-2020, 03:36 AM   #7
Paper exe
Pwnd

From the first console ever made in the 70s all the way to 2020 (including the 1k indi game per a year ) we still didnt get 600k games not even close!

I think the k is a typo they probably meant around 600 which is exactly what esca played around the same time
Paper exe is offline   Reply With Quote