The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 09-12-2017, 01:26 AM   #1
Rubeus

Nintendo boss says Switch supply issues are complicated, deal with multiple component

I recently got one after subscribing to nowinstock.net, they send you email notification as soon as a shop gets new shipment.

Now the biggest problem is to find games that I really want to play other than Zelda.

Click for full size

Quote:
Nintendo boss says Switch supply issues are complicated, deal with multiple components

'Multiple choke points'

Nintendo, particularly its Japanese arm, is a proud company. I've been told several times that they won't blame others for their failures, or make it clear why things are happening the way they are when there's a shortage issue (which of course, is a monthly occurence for some Nintendo product).

They're playing it coy with the Switch too, as Reggie explained to The Financial Times when prodded about Switch supply, that "There is not one choke point, there are multiple choke points. I won't go into any more detail but it's not just one component." He goes on further to say, "I’m going to make millions of these units to flow into the marketplace. But what I don't know is what the demand is going to be. And there is a potential that demand is going to outstrip supply."

Translation? There might not be a Switch under your Christmas tree if the craze takes off even further than it already has. Switch units are already woefully scarce in Japan, with ticketed raffles becoming commonplace, and all over the world shortages have been known to happen.

I totally get why Nintendo adopts a consistent stance of not throwing anyone under the bus, but some knowledge of why this always happens with them could help some third party help understand how to fix it. Or, could expose a situation where they're letting it happen -- a popular accusation that came to a head during the Wii shortage crisis.

https://www.destructoid.com/nintendo...s-460397.phtml
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 01:15 AM   #2
Einhander
The Risen Graphic Whore E-Penis!

Is it really worth getting a Switch right now, or I should wait for the inevitable next model of Switch that Nintendo will probably bring out a year from now?

Alucard - My only mistake was playing it on the PC.

Joe Redifer - I keep buying this shit because my IQ is in the single digits.
Einhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 06:20 AM   #3
Nem
Smash bro!

Depends. Is there any game you really want to play?

The only thing that interests me is Xenoblade 2... and i still got Xenoblade X to go through, wich has a much better looking world.

So... \_(ツ)_/ I don't understand what the buzz is about.

I guess for harcore Nintendo fans that delve into their mario karts and splatoons it may make sense. But i got MK8 and i stopped playing it pretty fast.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:39 AM   #4
bujeezus

I don't see the advantage getting 1 now. They will eventually update the system and more games will hopefully be available. I would take 1 if it fell in my lap, of course, but I'm not bending over backwards to get 1. Hell, I'd rather get a Wii U to play Zelda and Mario Kart (and Xenoblades for that matter).
Old 09-14-2017, 01:55 PM   #5
Hagane
Unlucky dog

The buzz is that there are a lot of people that is stupid for nintendo.

Get a console with almost no games even when you know their exclusives will be good, you already know that there will be a serious lack of 3rd party support unless you can count as support ports from games that you already played 4 or 5 years ago.

Hopefuly the 3rd party issue won't be the case but we have lies since the wii era.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 03:54 AM   #6
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Is it weird that I already have 20 games for the system?
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 04:13 AM   #7
zechin
THERE IS NO BATHROOM!

It's neat, the perfect hand-held for RPGs.

Tried Project Octopath traveler and I wish more games like this were out on the Switch.
zechin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 04:14 AM   #8
Hagane
Unlucky dog

Got 1-2 Switch in there? If that's so then that just not fair.
Old 09-15-2017, 05:09 PM   #9
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I do exactly! lol
Old 09-16-2017, 12:13 AM   #10
Rubeus

There's no regional lock on Switch right? How do you access the Japanese eShop to get games?
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 02:13 AM   #11
Hagane
Unlucky dog

The most logical method must be to create an account selecting the Japanese region then access that in the switch if I''m not mistaken one console can support up to 8 accounts and then do stuff like you normaly would.
Old 09-16-2017, 02:22 AM   #12
spider-prime

what he said, pretty sure you just have to make a new account like PSN.