The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 10-11-2005, 03:15 PM   #76
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

Ok, so this way I can get started on my banner, does anyone have any brushes they can donote to me? I'm downloading some with bitcomet but there aren't too many seeders out there for it. So if anyone has any they want to give me you can either PM or im me, my aim is PuppetMasterFuji and my yahoo is neotokyosushi. Thanks all.
MarionetteKazuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 04:38 PM   #77
Seska
Slurp

What kind of brushes do you want? I got most of my blood/digiblurb/fancycrap brushes from DeviantArt, maybe you should have a poke around there.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:07 PM   #78
Alexander
I speak with codes.

Sorry for a stupid question, but I downloaded the font; now how do I add it to the program I'm using? (Photoshop CS2)

Would it be in a windows folder or in the photoshop area itself?
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 05:13 PM   #79
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander
Sorry for a stupid question, but I downloaded the font; now how do I add it to the program I'm using? (Photoshop CS2)

Would it be in a windows folder or in the photoshop area itself?
I had put mine in the windows folder > fonts and they worked for me. But you have to install the fonts before you open photoshop. Also seska thanks for the tip on where to get the brushes. :cool guy:
MarionetteKazuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 05:25 PM   #80
Joe Redifer
Olé!

OK there is now a deadline and it is Halloween. Be sure to check out admin's post in the Announcement Forum for more details.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 05:26 PM   #81
Alexander
I speak with codes.

Thanks, I figured it out about a second after I posted. I'm not sure it looks better, but I added some avatars, made the MB logo smaller and added Forums in the right font. I'll post it in a bit.

[Edit] Here:

Last edited by Xander; 10-11-2005 at 05:54 PM.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:42 PM   #82
Nem
Smash bro!

I still like it. Looks fun.
Anyways the "forums" letters still look out of place. Why not try removing the old Magicbox word and write it all yourself? It shouldnt look out of place anymore. Or maybe the letters need to be in bold?...

By the way i forgot to comment Seska's effort before. Its interesting but its a bit out of date. Were going into next gen next year and those controllers will became obsolete. If it has the Rev/PS3/X360 controllers in it instead it would be perfect.

Last edited by Nem; 10-11-2005 at 07:55 PM.
Nem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 08:37 PM   #83
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Here are my current contributions:

Main Page banner:

Nice, minimalistic.

Wide version:

The game news banner gets a few characters.

My question to admin would be:
Do the main banners still need the blue half-circle on the bottom as well as the grey bar to match up with the rest of the page?

Last edited by Joe Redifer; 10-11-2005 at 08:41 PM.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 08:39 PM   #84
Seska
Slurp

I have a feeling the Sony controller will never be obsolete, batarang or not. Theve had the DS design since the PS1, and somehow I think the most popular pad choice on the PS3 will still be the old fashioned DS model. Swapos for x360 and Rev controllers can be easily done, however. Ill get on it.

Xnader, I like your latest banner a lot better, the cropping on the avatar pics seems cleaner and better laid out. The glossy bevel and emboss on the "mb" part looks great, but the white part of the logo isnt that hot and could use some cleaning to look less messy. Maybe even apply a light blur filter to the hexagon outline so it doesnt seem that aliased.

As for the font, I agree with Nem, it isnt quite right. I used simple Arial font in my banner for the "forums" word and messed with proprionate size transforming until the height of "forums" was the same as in "magicbox". Try that out, you should get a much better results, and remeber if its too pixellated you can add a little blur to smoothen the edges, though it shouldnt really be necessary.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:40 PM   #85
B.B. Gambini
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarionetteKazuk
Ok, so this way I can get started on my banner, does anyone have any brushes they can donote to me? I'm downloading some with bitcomet but there aren't too many seeders out there for it. So if anyone has any they want to give me you can either PM or im me, my aim is PuppetMasterFuji and my yahoo is neotokyosushi. Thanks all.

i didnt give you brushes? i have like 50 of them
B.B. Gambini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 09:09 PM   #86
FinalSolace2
IRAQ- Please assimilate forget past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander
Thanks, I figured it out about a second after I posted. I'm not sure it looks better, but I added some avatars, made the MB logo smaller and added Forums in the right font. I'll post it in a bit.

[Edit] Here:

you forgot to add my tits

Crowfoot (American Blackfoot Indian Orator) on his deathbed:"What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset."
FinalSolace2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 09:23 PM   #87
Alexander
I speak with codes.

I didn't forget, I just thought it was a bit much and I couldn't find a good place for them. If you'd like, you can share Seska's rack.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:25 PM   #88
Seska
Slurp

You could try sticking his tits to the left of stalins hat. In a way, with my rack on the opposing corner, it even makes for a kind of beautiful symetry
Old 10-11-2005, 09:47 PM   #89
Alexander
I speak with codes.

It's hard to see, but my avatar is actually to the left of Stalin's hat. I didn't want mine to be big or anything so I stuck it back there.

How's this? Much cleaner. I was worried about that area too.

Last edited by Xander; 10-11-2005 at 09:58 PM.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:06 PM   #90
Seska
Slurp

That looks a lot better, the centre logo is much cleaner and pleasant to look at now.

HEre's an update of mine for the main page:

I updated the Ninty and Xbox controllers, and went with charcoal and chalk isntead of line trace, I think it looks a little cleaner and better defined than the previous version. Also went with pure silhouettes, no halftone diffusion dots in them this time.