The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 10-09-2005, 11:22 PM   #31
burpingcat
Really Enjoys The Magic Box

Well, I agree that the main site's banner and the forum's banner should be different. Each should have a different feel to it (it actually does now, but it can be taken much further). The main banner should be strictly game-related...and best to have current or next-gen characters to make it up-to-date. But the forums banner should be much creative.

A forum banner focusing on the current members (and more specifically, their current avatars) is going to get old quick (since people change their avatars regularly) and newcomers will feel like the forums are too much of an in-crowd to try to get involved with.

With that said, I have a few ideas that I might put into motion.
burpingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 11:33 PM   #32
Seraph
>:3

Do we have a clean version of our logo laying around? It would really help
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 11:34 PM   #33
Beam
~The Last Of The Old Guard~

Quote:
Originally Posted by burpingcat:
A forum banner focusing on the current members (and more specifically, their current avatars) is going to get old quick (since people change their avatars regularly) and newcomers will feel like the forums are too much of an in-crowd to try to get involved with.
that's true,newcomers will always feel overshadowed by us long time members.
and then if it was done on our av's someone is going to be left out, and mark my words they will come running and screaming bloody murder with the rest of the villagers with torches and pitch forks.

PSN: Beam_626

Twitter: Beam626
Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 12:00 AM   #34
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by burpingcat
Well, I agree that the main site's banner and the forum's banner should be different. Each should have a different feel to it (it actually does now, but it can be taken much further). The main banner should be strictly game-related...and best to have current or next-gen characters to make it up-to-date. But the forums banner should be much creative.

With that said, I have a few ideas that I might put into motion.
I was thinking the exact opposite, I was making up a banner with the old "pixilated" characters and put the words "Magicbox" in system font. The theme color was going to be either green and black or red and black, but I'll need to do some improvements. I say we just make a banner about me and get it over with it, you all know you want one of me, CONFESS!!
MarionetteKazuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 12:09 AM   #35
Vegetto
Alive

Xander im insulted im not on there anywhere....I mean sure I may suck but my avatar rocks!
Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 12:15 AM   #36
Alucard

I vote Xanders! But I need to be bigger.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 05:41 AM   #37
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Here is a Magic Box logo people can use:

Last edited by Joe Redifer; 10-10-2005 at 10:55 AM.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 05:46 AM   #38
Daniel4802
That booty too fine

Awesome Joe, a huge red X. I give you a 10 out of 10 for creativity.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:49 AM   #39
Joe Redifer
Olé!

I am having huge troubles with my internet connection now. The file WILL eventually be there!
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 07:12 AM   #40
FinalSolace2
IRAQ- Please assimilate forget past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander
Well I didn't try especially hard on it. I tried to make it based on the community rather than the games. That was probably a bad idea; admin won't like it. You guys might, though.

Oh. Should I get rid of the YA RLY? Also Justin seems to be a little protruding.

There are only two avatars that are hard to see. Nem's and mine.

I'm also thinking about redoing Drunken's avatar.
the problem with that is that avatars change- i wanted to do it but i thought nahhh.

Crowfoot (American Blackfoot Indian Orator) on his deathbed:"What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset."
FinalSolace2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 08:47 AM   #41
Nem
Smash bro!

I think that with the changing of the Avatars, newcomers wont know who is thats up there and therefore wont be much of an issue. I like the way it represents a community. You know... what do a skelleton, a turnip and a cute girl have in common? These crazy forums I like the way that it represents a group od different ppl all together in one place. Maybe we should lose the owl (wich will get old once the owl fetish is no longer "in") and get more members avatars up there. Also the magicbox logo should be in the center (besides... its blocking the view of my avatar )
Old 10-10-2005, 08:49 AM   #42
Nindalf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nem
Maybe we should lose the owl (wich will get old once the owl fetish is no longer "in") and get more members avatars up there.
YOU JUST WANT YOUR AVATAR UP THERE
Nindalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 08:50 AM   #43
Nem
Smash bro!

Last edited by Nem; 10-10-2005 at 09:04 AM.
Nem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 01:17 PM   #44
Mistatee
Linguistic Massacre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander
Well I didn't try especially hard on it. I tried to make it based on the community rather than the games. That was probably a bad idea; admin won't like it. You guys might, though.

Oh. Should I get rid of the YA RLY? Also Justin seems to be a little protruding.

There are only two avatars that are hard to see. Nem's and mine.

I'm also thinking about redoing Drunken's avatar.
First you fail to implement my insane Lunar idea, then you forget my insanely sweet Ghaleon AVATAR!!!!!!!

Ohwell, still looks hella good to me... with room for improvement
Old 10-10-2005, 03:19 PM   #45
Seraph
>:3

Thank you Joe, ill upload mine tonight hopefully. Also, when is the deadline?
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote