The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 10-20-2006, 09:05 AM   #1
Alucard

Fallout 3 in PC Gamer

FUCKING FALLOUT 3 BITCHES! FUCKING FALLOUT!

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33272

Last edited by Alucard; 10-20-2006 at 09:08 AM.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 11:58 AM   #2
Alexander
I speak with codes.

My heart just stopped momentarily. Ever since I heard Alucard going on about how awesome Fallout 2 is, I've been a huge fan.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 03:11 PM   #3
Nindalf

first they tell them what to do and then tell them to create their own vision. what if their "vision" isn't dark and violent? what then, huh? what then?
Nindalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 03:20 PM   #4
burpingcat
Really Enjoys The Magic Box

Holy crap it's Coconut Monkey
burpingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 04:26 PM   #5
Vegetto
Alive

whats fallout?

isnt that the driving game where you can eject the driver?
Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 10:40 PM   #6
Decado

What Alucard seems to be forgetting is that most FO fans expect Bethesda to released a dumbed down, consolized POS and call it "Fallout 3".

I hope Bethesda miraculously goes under before they get a chance to completely ruin the franchise.
Decado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 11:44 PM   #7
Alucard

To be fair even the console version from the original devs was not dumbed down. Altered slightly but I think thats because they were trying something new for a side series spinoff. I'm not Bethesda's biggest fan anymore, but I think they can do a good job of it and I'm willing to wait and give them the chance to show this. Also anyone who doesnt know what Fallout is, go bloody well download Fallout 2 off the net or buy it or something. Best post apocalyptic turn based rpg ever.
Old 10-21-2006, 12:47 AM   #8
Vegetto
Alive

its a driving game
Old 10-21-2006, 01:17 AM   #9
Decado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard
To be fair even the console version from the original devs was not dumbed down. Altered slightly but I think thats because they were trying something new for a side series spinoff. I'm not Bethesda's biggest fan anymore, but I think they can do a good job of it and I'm willing to wait and give them the chance to show this. Also anyone who doesnt know what Fallout is, go bloody well download Fallout 2 off the net or buy it or something. Best post apocalyptic turn based rpg ever.
Castrate yourselve with a rusty spoon! Then you should download it/buy it and play it again. Thus you earn your sentense!

The console *action* game was nothing like the RPGs and wasn't made by the original devs.

I'm only willing to see Bethesda die *now*. And you too for saying what you have. Infidel. Heretic. Console gamer.
Old 10-21-2006, 02:52 AM   #10
Alucard

........console gamer....that....hurt.

I never paid much attention to Fallout Tactics. I knew I probably shot myself in the foot with saying it was the original devs despite it having a different feel. I went for it and got owned. I played it for about 3-4 hours and decided it wasnt for me and uninstalled it. Crappy story, wasnt too happy about the realtime combat, but eveything else in it WAS Fallout. Theres still a good chance this new game will be good. When its released and IF it turns out to be awesome and you start playing it, I'm going to pm you daily for an entire year with pictures of fat women.
Old 10-21-2006, 03:15 AM   #11
Decado

Fallout Tactics was a PC game (a crappy tactical game, too)...and also not done by the original developers. *So he goes from digging his grave to burying himself in it.*

If Fallout 3 turns out to be awesome I'd unflinchingly receive the most horrible PMs you can conceive (largely because I'd be too busy playing the game to check for PMs ;)).

However, the chance of that happening is so small...you can't really say it has a chance. Bethesda has no interest in creating a brilliant FO3...nor do they have the ability if they chose to try. They want another TES, and they'll dumb FO down to whatever pathetic level they can in order to cater to their newest audience (you know, the one that pays for content they can get for free, and gets excited about paying real money to download a patch that gives them a weapon that kills anything instantly).
Old 10-21-2006, 03:28 AM   #12
Alucard

Let them charge the poor 360 kiddies all they like. More money to make stuff with. We PC gamers arent stupid enough to pay for them though. But we use them. Besides one good thing about bethesda is they love to give the toolkits out for people to make their own games with the engines, mods etc. I'm thinking some awesome stuff can come from the hardcore Fallout community with these tools.
Old 10-21-2006, 03:33 AM   #13
Vegetto
Alive

its a driving game

Old 10-21-2006, 07:16 AM   #14
Alucard

I WILL kill you any second now
Old 10-21-2006, 03:02 PM   #15
Decado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard
Let them charge the poor 360 kiddies all they like. More money to make stuff with. We PC gamers arent stupid enough to pay for them though. But we use them. Besides one good thing about bethesda is they love to give the toolkits out for people to make their own games with the engines, mods etc. I'm thinking some awesome stuff can come from the hardcore Fallout community with these tools.
Their toolkits don't allow you to make wholesale changes to the combat system and character development/creation systems, though. Besides the writing and overall game design, they will be two of the major screw ups, I bet (particularly the combat system).