The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Sony Discussion

Old 10-03-2019, 11:14 PM   #1
Rubeus

Yakuza: Like a Dragon introduces Fortuneteller, Riot Police, and Idol jobs

Sounds interesting, now we need healer and thief classes as well.

Quote:
Yakuza: Like a Dragon introduces Fortuneteller, Riot Police, and Idol jobs [Update]

Build up Life Experience to meet the requirements for each job.

The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu introduces the Fortuneteller, Riot Police, and Idol jobs of Yakuza: Like a Dragon.

In Yakuza: Like a Dragon, jobs are the equivalent RPG classes, and each offer different traits and abilities. The Fortuneteller job, for example, is the game’s equivalent to the “mage” class.

Here are the details:

Fortuneteller

Unleashes various techniques that come with mysterious effects via the crystal ball they hold in their hand. Force enemies into a swirl of agony with fire and electricity. Their defense is low, however. In a fantasy RPG, they would be the “mage” class.

Riot Police

A job with high defense power thanks to its big shield and full-body protector. In a fantasy RPG, they would be the “knight” class.

Idol

A female-exclusive job that specializes in enchanting enemies and healing allies. With mic in hand, it uses physical attacks and song-based techniques, and has fairly decent attack and defense power. In a fantasy RPG, they would be the “dancer” class.

It should be noted that Yakuza: Like a Dragon has parameters called “Life Experience” (charm, enthusiasm, mentality, kindness, cheerfulness, etc.), and if you do not meet the required Life Experience for each job, you will not be able to switch to that job. Life Experience rises as you complete quests and enjoy Play Spots.

Yakuza: Like a Dragon is due out for PlayStation 4 on January 16, 2020 in Japan, and in 2020 in the Americas and Europe.

https://gematsu.com/2019/10/yakuza-l...-and-idol-jobs
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 10-03-2019, 11:33 PM   #2
Nem
Smash bro!

It's silly like Yakuza is. I am curious to see how the new game will feel with the team based gameplay.

I think it will feel very different from having one superhuman main protagonist. But, the Yakuza formula uses that as it's cornerstone as it builds up the games into epic duels in the end.
They did make multiple duels in 4 as there were 4 main characters. So, maybe they will build into a 4v4 fight? Whatever the case, i am very curious to see if they pull it off.

I would say that the only problem i see is that the supporting cast looks uninteresting, while the ones in yakuza 4 and 5 were built up with their own narrative arcs. So...yeah, this game is definitly taking huge risks.

It's either gonna manage to pull a god of war level of re-inventing itself or it will fail spectecularly.