The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 12-20-2010, 12:38 PM   #1
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Oddworld Strangers Wrath on STEAM Rleased today and on Sale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No shit. There is also an ODDBOX pack with the two ps2 games and both xbox games. Strangers wrath is one of my all time favorite games and now all the people who didn't go for the xbox version have a chance to get it cheap. WOO HOO I'm going to buy it just so I won't have to have an xbox to play it again.
When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! 'I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?' Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's going to burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm going to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
BlindMaphisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 01:20 AM   #2
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
GOT IT!

WOOO I have 2 extra copies now of the first oddworld games. whoooo to give it to now..... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 03:27 AM   #3
calintz
thank you based god

apparently its a shit port

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...play.php?f=447
calintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 03:43 AM   #4
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I haven't played it yet, I'm downloading BFBC2 at the moment.

But obviously it will get patched, I remember getting defense grid and it was only running at 12 fps all the time for over a year before they patched it and now it runs at 250 fps on my computer.

edit, yah just looked at the forums, the patch is already being worked on. and right now it's just a port of the xbox version and will be later patched into HD like the PS3 version. This has already been confirmed.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:30 AM   #5
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Ps3 version? First I've heard of that. I wish the oddworld games would come back. We need some new games from oddworld inhabitants.
When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! 'I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?' Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's going to burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm going to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
BlindMaphisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 09:24 AM   #6
Soba
:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
and will be later patched into HD like the PS3 version. This has already been confirmed.
I specifically didn't buy the Steam version because I'm waiting for the HD one. If this can be 100% verified by an official source, then I'll get it.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:09 PM   #7
spider-prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soba View Post
I specifically didn't buy the Steam version because I'm waiting for the HD one. If this can be 100% verified by an official source, then I'll get it.
Stewart Gilray CEO of the company that made the ports is posting on the steam forums and neogaf and he said they aren't at that part yet cause it will get done when the PS3 version gets finished at the same time. So we're getting it as is earlier than the PS3 users.

Munch's Odyssey is also getting HD updated graphics or at least higher resolution before textures.

You can see his posts on the steam forums link above.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...6&postcount=40

here he says they will bring it to the steam version later after the PS3.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:40 PM   #8
calintz
thank you based god

i don't get why they even bothered to release it prior to getting updates
calintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 10:03 PM   #9
spider-prime

cause of deadlines are my guess, the company makes them get it out before it's ready.