The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 07-30-2010, 01:34 PM   #61
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

Well, I ordered it from best buy and they sent me an e-mail saying it was backordered and would take 1-2 weeks to ship. So, I went to Wal-Mart.com and ordered it because they had it in stock so I had, at the moment, 2 CEs ordered. Got up this morning and the best buy order screen said they were processing my order so I canceled the Wal-Mart one (since it was like a $1 more expensive). I'll be happy once it is sitting on my desk ready to be installed.

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 01:42 PM   #62
FinalSolace2
IRAQ- Please assimilate forget past

I'm very happy,

horay for interactive movies!

Crowfoot (American Blackfoot Indian Orator) on his deathbed:"What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset."
FinalSolace2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 01:31 AM   #63
Alucard

Theres plenty of games with online connection to play single player. Its just how its done. If you dont like it just get a modified exe file so it ignores the connecting to net part.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 02:53 AM   #64
Alucard

I'm sure some of you know by now about the graphic card overheating bug. Its actually a little more extreme then I thought. Seska was mentioning his card would go up to 95degrees celcius just on talking moments. I'll wait for a patch before I play it but theres a small work around for those without patience. I dont want my card to fry JUST yet.

Quote:
If you play StarCraft II then there's a chance you could encounter a potentially dangerous bug, which in extreme cases can cause overheating, and potentially destroy your graphics card.

The glitch reportedly manifests when those playing the game access screens with scant detail, such as menus; this leads to extremely rapid refresh rates which can excessively tax your hardware.

This alarming bug was present in the beta, and apparently has not been squashed in the final retail release. Blizzard has supplied a work-around for the beta bug, which should work fine with the retail version.

Screens that are light on detail may make your system overheat if cooling is overall insufficient. This is because the game has nothing to do so it is primarily just working on drawing the screen very quickly. A temporary workaround is to go to your DocumentsStarCraft II Betavariables.txt file and add these lines:

frameratecapglue=30

frameratecap=60

You may replace these numbers if you want to.
Old 07-31-2010, 03:57 AM   #65
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
mine is old enough to be replaced now, so I don't care as much.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 07:42 PM   #66
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

Looks like I am getting two CE of Starcraft. Best Buy told me it was backordered so I bought it on Wal-Mart.com and didn't think to cancel Best Buy. Got an e-mail this morning saying Walmart had shipped and went to call Best Buy to cancel and they said they couldn't because it was shipping Monday. I am going to return the WM one because it was about $1 more expense however....

Is there any money to be gained by being one of those irritating people who sell it at a marked up price on Amazon (I'm looking at you spider)?

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 07:55 PM   #67
Daniel4802
That booty too fine

To those who finish the campaign, let me know how long the story is and if its linear or not.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:55 PM   #68
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
it all matters how good you are at the game to how fast you beat it, if you're really good, you can beat the game in I would say 10 hours. Story is and isn't linear, they do certain parts where you must choose a path and that affects what units you get and who stays with you. But since I only played it once, I don't know how much of the whole story it changes.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:14 PM   #69
Nem
Smash bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel4802 View Post
To those who finish the campaign, let me know how long the story is and if its linear or not.
2 days of gaming long with a couple of branching paths. Basically what spider said i guess.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:55 PM   #70
Alucard

Its a standard rts length from what I've heard. 35 missions or whatever? If you WHORE yourself at it you'll finish the game quickly. But then again spend 10hours a day on any game and you'll finish it quickly.

Sin, why dont you just cancel the preorder and put the money to another game in credit?
Old 08-01-2010, 12:46 AM   #71
spider-prime

the missions of have a bit of replay value anyways, since there are hidden stuff in the game. I loved the one easter egg of finding a warcraft character running into the bathroom outhouse
Old 08-01-2010, 03:40 PM   #72
zechin
THERE IS NO BATHROOM!

Yeah, im mixing it up with getting all the campaign achievements and playing multiplayer. Need to up my rank in the league!
zechin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 03:52 PM   #73
spider-prime

I love how some of the achievements to the game are to win 4000 games as each race and random, 1000 each in league matches and then in teams and FFA! lol like wtf. Only the koreans will get that one!
Old 08-02-2010, 02:24 AM   #74
eastx
The Fighting Bomber

Where are my friend requests!!!
eastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:35 AM   #75
spider-prime

I haven't added anyone, I'm just playing single player still and doing the challenges.