The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 07-28-2010, 03:38 PM   #46
Northeastmonk

I'll send it to you. Darren, why would Blizzard make an offline experience so complicated? Do I log in as guest I wonder.
Northeastmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 04:26 PM   #47
darren
... lol

do you need to log into battle net for single player?

i would have thought you didn't .. i've not tried ..i just login out of habit from wow
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 04:30 PM   #48
Northeastmonk

There is an offline mode! So far first online match I got owned.

Quote:
Troubled by the Battle.net login screen that appears upon first launching StarCraft II? Does it mean that StarCraft II requires an internet connection? Not so, says Blizzard's Rob Pardo.

Some of our readers were a bit put off by the suggestion that the single player portion of StarCraft II would require logging into Battle.net, as evidenced by some of the comments in the post following the Battle.net panel at BlizzCon this weekend. The next day we followed up on the issue with Blizzard vice president of game design Rob Pardo, who clarified the single player situation for us.

"You don't technically have to (login), but you'll want to. You can play in offline mode if you want - I just don't think you're going to want to. You'll be giving up lots and lots of features, and why would you want to be giving up features?"

We covered the features exhaustively in the original post, but perhaps we didn't draw your attention to the button on the above screenshot labeled "Play As Guest." That button kicks off the game without connecting, so those of you without internet who couldn't possibly be reading this post should be happy, unless they try to set up a LAN.
http://kotaku.com/5344013/starcraft-...played-offline

I'm hoping Diablo 3 doesn't have the same problem.

Last edited by Northeastmonk; 07-28-2010 at 05:19 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:47 PM   #49
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

So how is this game? I'm iffy about buying it and have been reading all of your responses. Can't help, but feel its the same game; but with pretty graphics.

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:10 PM   #50
Alucard

Try to use that train of thought with every other game you buy and how their previous version was, especially fps games.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:45 PM   #51
darren
... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavedFromSin View Post
So how is this game? I'm iffy about buying it and have been reading all of your responses. Can't help, but feel its the same game; but with pretty graphics.
don't ever by a sequal to anything ever again then mate
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:55 PM   #52
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
the game is great, single player alone is making me glad I bought it. I've played each mission over again just for the hell of doing the challenges on hard.

But of course it's the same game but better, think like Uncharted 1 to Uncharted 2, or Super Mario Bros 1 to Super Mario Bros 3, Zelda 1 - Zelda 3, same games, but made wayyyy better.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 03:29 AM   #53
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

Calm down you two. Don't get your panties in a bunch. I wasn't trashing your game. From my initial look at the game it seemed nothing new was added (units, game play mechanics, etc) except for updated graphics.

Thank you Spider. I'll check it out now.

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:43 AM   #54
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
ohhh man, I'm loving the story to this game, wait till you see the 2nd cinematic cutscene to the game! friggin wicked.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:05 AM   #55
eastx
The Fighting Bomber

I'm segacon at gmail dot com on Battle.net. Add me, people!
eastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 12:33 PM   #56
zechin
THERE IS NO BATHROOM!

Need the expansion Nao!
zechin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 01:37 AM   #57
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

Bought the game today online. The CE will be here in a couple of days. My computer can run it, but one aspect of my computer can only run it at minimal setting. I'm sure it'll be alright because I've run into that before.

Old 07-30-2010, 02:36 AM   #58
spider-prime

yah it's fine, I know a guy running the game on a 10 year old computer, everything on low but he runs it. 3D card is only a AGP 8600 geforce too.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:24 AM   #59
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

I'm really looking forward to multiplayer. I used to play Warcraft like crazy when it first came out but I wasn't any good. As soon as I get it I want to start playing everyone so know you will probably kick my arse.

Old 07-30-2010, 11:15 AM   #60
Northeastmonk

Offline mode consist of logging into Battle.net once, then having the option to log in as Guest. You only get the option to play the campaign, no achievements.

When I look at the log in screen it comes to mind that its just a log in screen. The game doesn't save any player data besides saves. I might be wrong, but every time I take the internet connection off. It ask to log in to battle.net when I go into guest. Might change dont know. Meaning if you live outside of a rural area, SC2 isn't really worth owning unless they change this.