The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > MagicBox Member Reviews

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2004, 01:34 PM   #31
bemanisuperstar
Banned
 
bemanisuperstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In HP Lovecraft's world
Posts: 2,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus4578
That tarantula with the cat head is freaky! This shooter looks good. Too bad I don't own it.
Only way to get it is to either download the Rom or buy the arcade machine and import it from Japan or Hong Kong.

Or Im me and I can arrange a Getting of this game for you. ;)

Not that Rom Trading is good but in the case of a game 99% of all people will NEVER play You gotta spread the love in the case of Japan only Arcade games.
bemanisuperstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 01:50 AM   #32
Icarus4578
Deal with it.
 
Icarus4578's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 12,550
Oh, no need. I'm sure I could play it if I want to. I'm too busy with Prime 2 right now anyway. Boy, I got stuck a couple times and it gave me a headache. :annoyed:
__________________
Turn on the difference.
Icarus4578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 08:29 PM   #33
bemanisuperstar
Banned
 
bemanisuperstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In HP Lovecraft's world
Posts: 2,461
I can't see how anybody can use the Cube Pad.

Most controls I can get used to however The Cube pad just feels like I'm using a fisher Price toy.

Even the Duke feels right to me (and I've been uisng nothing but the S for the last month) after lone periods of non use.
bemanisuperstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 07:10 PM   #34
blueskied
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by bemanisuperstar

Ikaruga
Reviewed for: Dreamcast


Gameplay-

White distorys black Black distorys white. rotate Often play the game for 20 hours and unlock stuff.
Pretty simple but it works. The Simple gameplay ALMOST makes up for the just there Graphics. Be warned this isn't an Easy Game. It's not prison rape like Border Down is. But you will Need to play awhile until you unlock free play. I can beat Normal in 10 credits min.
However to unlock everything as I said YOU MUST play the game alot and you'll get bored with it after awhile. But if you like the Genre as I do, Then you will play this game a little longer I'm splitting the Score here for Genre Fans and Non Genre fans
The Controls are good but you've played this before.

Fans of Shooters- 4/5

Noobs to the Genre 2/5


Overall-

Well I ranked this as a Top shooter when I first got it but there are better games out there. Zero wing 2 is a much better game. Mars Matrix, Giga Wing ect.
Still it's Treasure and while it isn't Radient Silvergun (a Game I never played the rom was empty)
It's a decent fun game that requires more work than needed to unlock everything.
and YES that final Boss is the same Final Boss from Radient Silvergun

Final Score 3/5
Thanks for the hilarious review!! I'm always amused by people who review ikaruga without even taking the 2 minutes it requires to figure out the game system. I'm referring to the fact you didn't mention the chain system & bullet eating (and the related fact that it is usually more advantageous to kill enemies as the same color, rather than the opposite color as you erroneously state), which are ikaruga's greatest appeals and innovations. This is really
the reason so many people play this game 500+ hours and consider it the best
shooter ever crafted. Please don't even compare it to Radiant Silvergun, especially since you admit you've never even played it and sadly you cannot spell it either (cf. "Radient" in your post)!!! Yet you assume RS is better for some mysterious reason. You're a funny guy (in an ignorant sort of way). As someone who has played both, I can say RS really pales in comparison to ika. Also, WTF is Zero Wing 2? Are you referring (in a way which shows you really know nothing about shooters) to Zero Gunner 2? Zero Wing was an arcade shooter by Taito from 1989 ported to the Genesis and TCD in the early 90s, but they never made a sequel.

A piece of advice:
If you're going to review a game, at least take the time to learn the game system,
spell previous games in the series correctly, and use the correct titles when referencing other related games on the system and/or in the genre.

Last edited by blueskied; 11-27-2004 at 07:14 PM.
blueskied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 01:14 AM   #35
bemanisuperstar
Banned
 
bemanisuperstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In HP Lovecraft's world
Posts: 2,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskied
Thanks for the hilarious review!! I'm always amused by people who review ikaruga without even taking the 2 minutes it requires to figure out the game system. I'm referring to the fact you didn't mention the chain system & bullet eating (and the related fact that it is usually more advantageous to kill enemies as the same color, rather than the opposite color as you erroneously state), which are ikaruga's greatest appeals and innovations. This is really
the reason so many people play this game 500+ hours and consider it the best
shooter ever crafted. Please don't even compare it to Radiant Silvergun, especially since you admit you've never even played it and sadly you cannot spell it either (cf. "Radient" in your post)!!! Yet you assume RS is better for some mysterious reason. You're a funny guy (in an ignorant sort of way). As someone who has played both, I can say RS really pales in comparison to ika. Also, WTF is Zero Wing 2? Are you referring (in a way which shows you really know nothing about shooters) to Zero Gunner 2? Zero Wing was an arcade shooter by Taito from 1989 ported to the Genesis and TCD in the early 90s, but they never made a sequel.

A piece of advice:
If you're going to review a game, at least take the time to learn the game system,
spell previous games in the series correctly, and use the correct titles when referencing other related games on the system and/or in the genre.
do your homework
bemanisuperstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 01:25 AM   #36
blueskied
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by bemanisuperstar
do your homework
I'm guessing you're talking to yourself here?






----
Current Ikaruga Chapter 5 (Arcade Normal-mode) World Record Holder.
See my Ikaruga World Record and others
at the scoreboards section of www.ikaruga.co.uk
blueskied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 01:35 AM   #37
Icarus4578
Deal with it.
 
Icarus4578's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 12,550
Looks like I'll have to review Ikaruga for DC next.
__________________
Turn on the difference.
Icarus4578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 05:40 PM   #38
bemanisuperstar
Banned
 
bemanisuperstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In HP Lovecraft's world
Posts: 2,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus4578
Looks like I'll have to review Ikaruga for DC next.
Please do.

My next review is......Nintendo. I was going to do genral chaos but I haven't play it in 10 years.
bemanisuperstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 12:50 AM   #39
1337haxxor
Banned
 
1337haxxor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: When In Halifax, Visit The Pavillion
Posts: 1,117
wait a sec.... is bem back?!?!?!
1337haxxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 02:02 AM   #40
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!
 
SavedFromSin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Five min from Sinful Sam
Posts: 4,803
no, your just posting in old topics.
__________________
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.-Ephesians 2:8-9

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 08:55 AM   #41
1337haxxor
Banned
 
1337haxxor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: When In Halifax, Visit The Pavillion
Posts: 1,117
sweet, you know what would be really funn and kind of childish? if we just posted in this thread and tore him up constantly! It was funny how Bem used to be like, I'm not sexist, but if I got the chance I would rape any woman.
1337haxxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 11:52 PM   #42
Reko8
Registered User
 
Reko8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: MA, Usa
Posts: 3,077
I think bemanisuperstar is banned or something. i was looking at the members list and his name wasnt there. Also it says Banned under his name. I wonder if he got banned and for what reason, Joe or Drunken better respond!
Reko8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 11:54 PM   #43
Joe Redifer
Ol!
 
Joe Redifer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 20,105
Yeah he's banned. I banned him again recently when he registered under a different name. Drunken banned him originally.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 11:58 PM   #44
Reko8
Registered User
 
Reko8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: MA, Usa
Posts: 3,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Redifer
Yeah he's banned. I banned him again recently when he registered under a different name. Drunken banned him originally.
why was he banned though? what did he do?
Reko8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 07:31 AM   #45
Nem
Smash bro!
 
Nem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: EU
Posts: 9,604
Probably trolled around too much. I never gave him much atention so i really dont know the specifics for his banning.
__________________
"Only those with narrow minds fail to see that the definition of Impossible is "Lack of imagination and incentive"" - DUNE:BJ
Nem is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.