The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 08-07-2018, 01:38 AM   #1
Rubeus

Tekken 7 Adding Walking Dead's Negan As A Playable Character

Quote:
Tekken 7 Adding Walking Dead's Negan As A Playable Character

The Walking Dead's Negan, who brutalises people with his barbed wire baseball bat Lucille, is coming to Tekken 7 as a playable character. This was announced today at the fighting game tournament Evo in Las Vegas.

Negan is coming to Tekken 7 as part of its Season 2 of content. This will also include returning characters Anna Williams and Lei Wulong. You can see the Season 2 Pass reveal trailer below.

Last year, Tekken series producer Katsuhiro Harada said Negan would be "too weak" to be a Tekken 7 character, even with his trademark baseball bat.

Tekken's Season 1 of DLC included crossover characters such as Fatal Fury's Geese Howard and Final Fantasy XV's Noctis. Pricing for Tekken 7's Season 2 Pass hasn't been confirmed yet, but it's expected that you'll be able to purchase Negan and the other characters individually or in a pack.

In GameSpot's Tekken 7 review, Peter Brown said it was an easy game to recommend "Its diverse roster is packed with a wide range of personalities and fighting styles, bolstered by a raucous attitude that begs to be taken seriously while simultaneously mocking its more peculiar whims in the process," he wrote.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/te.../1100-6460955/
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 08-07-2018, 10:06 AM   #2
Nem
Smash bro!

This is a better way of doing DLC than they did on season 1.

Always prioritize your own characters that your fans love. Do a crazy guest character if you want, but don't dilute your universe by having a multitude of non-canon characters.
That is exactly what turn me off MKX (along with the kids). I don't want "every serial killer/horror character - the game", i want Mortal Kombat.
Old 08-07-2018, 02:21 PM   #3
Hagane
Unlucky dog

If I remember correctly the producer once said that he dreamed on making a mugen fighting game and tekken 7 is taking that way of sorts. A walking dead character is something really odd but the one they picked actually makes sense because he's a son of bitch and fits well with the type of guests they've introduced like Akuma and Geese that are evil power driven characters that can rival the Mishimas (except Noctis wich I still consider the most out of place and a waste of slot character the series has included).

It's nice to see returning characters and that they are willing to include new gameplay mechanics.

Might pick this one after all.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 12:23 PM   #4
Annie_Black

Good day, everybody  Newbie here, just a simple writer from essayonlinestore. I have been here for only 10 minutes but I have a feeling I am going to have lots of fun here. Looking forward to it!
Annie_Black is offline   Reply With Quote