The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 08-02-2018, 08:34 PM   #1
Rubeus

Spyro Reignited Trilogy Will Require a Download to Play Spyro 2 and 3

Click for full size

Quote:
Spyro Reignited Trilogy Will Require a Download to Play Spyro 2 and 3

It could also be a large day 1 patch download instead.

The upcoming Spyro Reignited Trilogy will require significant downloads of some sort for Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage and Spyro: Year of the Dragon.

The game's official website points out two of the three games on the retail disc, Spyro 2: Ripto’s Rage and Spyro: Year of the Dragon, will "require download." When reached for comment about what that specifically means, Activision provided IGN with the following statement, as first given to PlayStation Lifestyle.

“As with most games today, downloading an update after purchase is quite common. The language on packaging and on the web is to let players know the requirements for Spyro Reignited Trilogy.”

However, even after Activision's comment, it's unclear exactly what these downloads will require. While some have taken the meaning to be the full second and third game will need to be downloaded, it remains unclear if the language means major chunks of, or the full games need to be downloaded, or this is instead in reference to a Day 1 patch, the size and necessity of which has yet to be determined. The patch may contain whatever changes developer Toys for Bob would need to make for Spyro 2 and 3 right up to the trilogy's launch, or something more significant.

Spyro Reignited Trilogy will be released on September 21 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2018/08/0...-spyro-2-and-3
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 07:58 AM   #2
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Trust Activison to screw it up.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 05:04 PM   #3
Hagane
Unlucky dog

This is just stupid.

Then what's the point of releasing a physical copy if you won't have 2/3 of what you're supposed to get?
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 06:28 PM   #4
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
They are probably trying to get people to only buy digital.
I already said something similar to other people that I was going to buy Resident evil and megaman collections on the switch, but then whats the point if only half of it is on the cart? I might has well buy them digitally then. Then I figured this...…. this is what they want! To get rid of physical copies and make everyone get digital so they make more profit!
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 09:22 PM   #5
Hagane
Unlucky dog

So this is all their evil plan towards a digital and cloud only consoles?

Future does look so bright while publishers keep selling you digital games over $60 without any production costs to maximize profits and screwing you as a consumer when they take down their servers making you understand that those games you bought were never yours to begin with.
Old 08-04-2018, 09:36 PM   #6
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
It's not like they couldn't put old Megaman games onto one cart, even if one was Megaman 8 for the PS1. The only megaman game on there that would be over 50 mb
Old 08-05-2018, 06:19 AM   #7
Nem
Smash bro!

Megaman 8 was on the ps2 i'm sure.

Ah yes, on topic. Forcing digital, they want to keep inflating digital numbers.
Old 08-05-2018, 07:21 AM   #8
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
It's not like they couldn't put old Megaman games onto one cart, even if one was Megaman 8 for the PS1. The only megaman game on there that would be over 50 mb
For some reason even on the PS4/XB1 the games come on two discs. One for each half of the collection.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 03:54 PM   #9
spider-prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nem View Post
Megaman 8 was on the ps2 i'm sure.

Ah yes, on topic. Forcing digital, they want to keep inflating digital numbers.
It's PS1 for Megaman 8. Megaman 9 and 10 didn't come out till PS3 era.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escaflowne2001 View Post
For some reason even on the PS4/XB1 the games come on two discs. One for each half of the collection.
yah it doesn't make sense really. All they have to do is like any other collection is make a menu to switch between the two.

lol probably too much work for them and they just said fuck it, waste more money on two discs instead of one.
Old 08-05-2018, 06:10 PM   #10
Nem
Smash bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
It's PS1 for Megaman 8. Megaman 9 and 10 didn't come out till PS3 era.

yah it doesn't make sense really. All they have to do is like any other collection is make a menu to switch between the two.

lol probably too much work for them and they just said fuck it, waste more money on two discs instead of one.
Oh i was thinking of megaman X8. Nevermind!
Old 08-05-2018, 06:24 PM   #11
Hagane
Unlucky dog

And I was thinking that you were mentioning the Mega Man 8 that was included on the ps2 MM Anniversary Collection lol.

But then again that puts on evidence how needlesly is to tear collections or compilations on 2 parts if a disc from previous gen. handled well that space. They just got no excuse.
Old 08-06-2018, 02:36 AM   #12
spider-prime

yah, I meant this collection cause the MMLC2 is a download code only. Which is BS since the first MMLC wouldn't even take up more than a few gigs at most. You would assume anyways since it's just old NES games. Only Megaman 8 is the only large one. Even 9 and 10 isn't that big to download on the PS3, I think it was like 200MBs and that was it.