The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 08-18-2018, 01:59 AM   #1
Rubeus

New Super Mario Bros. U Is Reportedly Coming to Switch

If it has new content then it's a port instead of some sort of Classic console game.

Quote:
New Super Mario Bros. U Is Reportedly Coming to Switch

It might feature brand new content, too.

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze have shown that Nintendo is more than willing to flesh out Switch's library with Wii U ports. And if a new report is to be believed, the next Wii U game to make the jump could be New Super Mario Bros. U.

Comic Book reports multiple sources, who are purportedly "linked with Nintendo," have suggested New Super Mario Bros. U will be updated and re-released for Switch "as early as this year."

According to the site's sources, Nintendo plans to package the New Super Luigi U DLC with the Switch port. While the DLC and base game were originally released separately in 2013 and 2012, respectively they were later sold together as part of the Nintendo Selects line of budget-priced Wii U games.

Some of Comic Book's sources also indicated the Switch port will come with some type of all-new content packed in. If accurate, though, it's not clear what form this new content would take.

The site also reports the rumored port could be dubbed New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe. When Nintendo applied the same "Deluxe" moniker to Mario Kart 8's Switch port, it added in new characters, items, vehicles, and even an entirely new mode.

IGN has reached out to Nintendo for official comment and will update this story should they respond.

In IGN's New Super Mario Bros. U review, we awarded it a 9.1, writing that it struck "a great balance in all areas, ranging from its difficulty to design to enemies and bosses."

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2018/08/1...ming-to-switch
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 09:28 PM   #2
Nem
Smash bro!

All those ports... aren't really pulling me to get one.

Also, the only enhanced port i'd want isn't around (Xenoblade X).
Old 08-19-2018, 01:12 AM   #3
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I want all the best wii u exclusive games on switch so I can just throw that shitty system out. Fucking gamepad, ruined so many games.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote