The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 09-20-2018, 10:46 PM   #1
Rubeus

Star Wars Films Were "Too Much, Too Fast" Says Disney Boss

It sounds a lot like Final Fantasy series, Square Enix started to release a new main series FF game every 2 years in the time of FF5-9.

Click for full size

Quote:
Star Wars Films Were "Too Much, Too Fast" Says Disney Boss
A little less of a galaxy far far away.

Disney obtained the rights to Star Wars in 2012, and since the release of The Force Awakens in 2015 we've had a new Star Wars feature film every year. Disney CEO Bob Iger now thinks that was a little too much of a good thing, and said the studio plans to slow down their pace of releases.

"I made the timing decision, and as I look back, I think the mistake that I made--I take the blame--was a little too much, too fast," Iger told The Hollywood Reporter. "You can expect some slowdown, but that doesn't mean we're not going to make films. J.J. [Abrams] is busy making [Episode] IX. We have creative entities, including [Game of Thrones creators David] Benioff and [D.B.] Weiss, who are developing sagas of their own, which we haven't been specific about. And we are just at the point where we're going to start making decisions about what comes next after J.J.'s. But I think we're going to be a little bit more careful about volume and timing. And the buck stops here on that."

Disney has been keen on producing anthology films to supplement its tent-pole episodic releases, with "A Star Wars Story" subtitle signaling the difference. So far those have been Rogue One and Solo. Reports have been swirling about other anthology movies in the pipeline, including ones featuring popular characters like Obi-Wan Kenobi and Boba Fett. It seemed likely that the current tempo of Star Wars releases would continue well into the future, but Solo disappointed at the box office, which appears to have caused Disney to reevaluate.

The company still seems to be forging ahead on the small screen, however. It just wrapped up the successful run of Star Wars Rebels and is planning to launch the new animated series Star Wars: Resistance next year. That's on top of a new live-action series from Iron Man director Jon Favreau, which is set to headline the company's new streaming service. And of course, the untitled Star Wars: Episode IX is still scheduled for December 2019.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/st.../1100-6461929/
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 01:20 AM   #2
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
ummm yah, it's only cause they made too many too quick. lol only that reason alone. /s

Lets forget the fact that Marvel movies come out and still make money 2 to 3 movies a year.

Venom, Spider-man 2, Spider-man animated movie, Avengers 4, Captain Marvel still aren't out yet!

Plus, with X-Men and Fantastic Four in Marvel's control again, you can bet that those movies will becoming out in 2 years or so. Personally, I hope they don't ruin the next Deadpool movie, I really enjoyed the 2nd movie when I thought it wouldn't be as good.

"You killed Black Tom! YOU RACISTS!" and finally! they got Juggernaut right!... well almost. But at least better for the movies!
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 10:57 PM   #3
Reality
Sin and Punishment

Are they sure its not because their spin off movies go through 2-3 directors before releasing? That would seem like a problem.