The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 05-16-2006, 02:23 PM   #1
Reality
Sin and Punishment

MacBooks Officially Released.

Anyone looking to get a new computer should check out these puppies. http://www.apple.com/macbook/macbook.html

With the ability to run not only Mac OS X, the most advance OS on the consumer market, and the ability to install and run windows XP (the most advance OS of 1991) your getting a laptop thats a two in one. I know I'm happy as I been waiting for these to come out.

MacBook At a Glance
1.83GHz or 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo
13.3-inch (diagonal) TFT glossy widescreen display
Apple Remote with Front Row
Up to 2GB memory(3)
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950
Slot-loading optical drive
Up to 120GB hard drive(3)
Built-in 54-Mbps 802.11g AirPort Extreme wireless
Analog and digital audio in and out
FireWire 400 and USB 2.0 ports
iLife ?06 (includes iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie HD, iDVD, iWeb, GarageBand), Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Test Drive, iWork (30-day trial), Big Bang Board Games, Comic Life, Omni Outliner, and Apple Hardware Test), Mac OS X Tiger.

White MacBook.

Black MacBook.

Last edited by Reality; 05-16-2006 at 02:48 PM.
Reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 02:50 PM   #2
burpingcat
Really Enjoys The Magic Box

The price isn't bad, either. $1300 for the 2Ghz model, about what you'd expect to pay for any laptop these days.
burpingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 02:52 PM   #3
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

Hmm.... a lil over $1,000 ey...... I guess it's worth the price for a notebook that won't get viruses and need scanning all the time.

STEAM

Looking to make a Team Fortress 2 team. Pm me if interested.
MarionetteKazuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 03:04 PM   #4
Reality
Sin and Punishment

Yeah. Plus if you miss it, just install Windows. But the features are really nice. Like the built in camera, magnets in the lid, ect. not to mention OS X is a experience all on its own. I used Windows 95 all the way up to XP. So if I used all 5-6 Windows OSs, and then used Mac OS X once and can say I'll never go back to Windows, then OS X is something worth learning and checking out.

On the side I noticed that if you was to buy the $1, 300 model and just get upgrades from Newegg. You can get hardware that passes the $1, 500 model without going past the $1, 500 price. So thats what I'll do.
Old 05-16-2006, 03:13 PM   #5
Drunken Savior

Im def gonna get one eventually for my geology field work. All my topo maps are only on Windows But the built in i-Sight will be AWESOME for taking pictures of structures.

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 03:20 PM   #6
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

That's what I've always liked about macs and what not (the newer ones at least), they're really good with multimedia, and with stuff like photoshop (which i use a lot). A friend of mine at college had a notbook like the mac ones you showed reality. It worked very nicely.

STEAM

Looking to make a Team Fortress 2 team. Pm me if interested.
MarionetteKazuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 06:05 PM   #7
Seraph
>:3

Is it just me or are black macs ugly? When they go black they look like normal run-of-the-mill laptops and really lose the apple charm. that right, you heard it here, i hate blacks.

ah, sarcasam aside, I want one. My next PC purchase might be a laptop (in 3-4 years).

even though thats not a bad price, it still sucks laptops cost that much. I cant afford to dump $1000+ into something I dont need right now. Looks like i get to be a Mac oogler for a few years still.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 06:12 PM   #8
Reality
Sin and Punishment

He must have a iBook G4. Which is the laptop I have.

It runs Photoshop really well for a average joe machine. All those comics I made were done with in a hour on the laptop. It would have been done sooner but I was doing everything from scratch. This laptop is actually faster then my desktop even with the ram being under 1 gig. But these new Intel MacBooks would run around the iBooks currently.

If your friend has the newest iBook Kazuko then his laptop be the iBook 1.4Ghz PowerPC. And you can see in the chart above how slow that is in comparison now. and it was doing good in speed already.

Last edited by Reality; 05-16-2006 at 06:16 PM.
Old 05-16-2006, 06:34 PM   #9
Seraph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality
man thats one sexy laptop you got there reality.
Old 05-16-2006, 06:46 PM   #10
Reality
Sin and Punishment

Yep! I get all kinds of attention for my HARDware. *waits* I best stop. These jokes with another guy are eery. XD

But you was right about the black versions of the MackBook. They are quite ugly.

The keyboard looks nicer though. Sadly not backlight like the MacBook Pros.

And here is a pic of the camera.

The double sized touch pad. (Apple has great features with it. Like two finger scrolling. I never seen another laptop do it.)

And here is the side ports. Simple and clean. Where most laptop have 59 something ports all over them. I hate searching around for the simple headphone jake on some of them.

Last edited by Reality; 05-16-2006 at 09:26 PM.
Old 05-16-2006, 06:55 PM   #11
Seraph

the blacks not "ugly", its still a fine looking laptop. but it dosent stand out above the rest of generic black laptops.

i love apple products in their trademark white. it stands out, and is like "dang, thats a mac right there".