The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 11-15-2003, 08:25 AM   #1
TheHardware
The Moment..

im taking the red pill....

MATRIX ONLINE SCREENSHOT REVOLUTIONS

Spoon-bending in-game images from Monolith's MMORPG based in the Wachowski brothers' universe

16:59 Although we have a sneaking suspicion that we haven't seen the last of The Matrix on the silver screen - the ambiguous ending of Revolutions suggests more could be on the cards - for the time being at least its down to the videogames to continue the legacy set out by the Wachowski brothers' movies.
Atari is one of the publishers from which future Matrix titles are expected, building on the fortunes established by Enter the Matrix; but perhaps the most ambitious Matrix videogame is The Matrix Online, an MMOPRG project being collaborated on by Monolith and EON Entertainment that's to be published by Ubisoft in 2004.

The Matrix Online, like other MMORPGs, will be built around a persistent universe able to support thousands of players. The game will also, as you would expect, be staying as true to the movie experience as possible, with the confrontation between humanity and the machines forming the undercurrent to acrobatic martial arts, gunfights and plenty of bullet-time action in a virtual urban sprawl.

But perhaps most interestingly of all for fans, The Matrix Online will feature storylines penned by the creators of the movies - we guess this means the Wachowskis - that will continue the plot laid out by the films.

Check out the latest screenshots on this page and then head over to the official The Matrix Online website for more information.

why cant atari make great loooking games

uhhh this world looks created

(one agent to another.." hey jonh she is definetly from the matrix..she dont even look normal".."yeah lets get her")..nice reflections on th ebuildings though textures too

bartender "that will be 10 dollars for the bottle".....lady.."there is no bottle"

Last edited by TheHardware; 11-15-2003 at 08:28 AM.
TheHardware is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 11-15-2003, 10:53 AM   #2
Alucard

Lets see how the game turns out. If I'm gonna run around a world and see nothing but green all the time then I'm gonna have to stab someone.. Twice.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 03:55 PM   #3
Axe Wielding Nut
Banned

how the hell would bullet time work?

I figure in the end it'll be one user seeing another user go super fast, while that very user see's himself going super slo mo
Axe Wielding Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 04:35 PM   #4
Nindalf

Quote:
Originally posted by Carniv?le

I figure in the end it'll be one user seeing another user go super fast, while that very user see's himself going super slo mo
How the heck that would be possible? How can you see a person going super fast from point A to point B when the person who is in bullet time has not yet moved there, anyway, sounds like a stupid idea for a MMORPG.
Nindalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 04:38 PM   #5
Axe Wielding Nut
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by S?r Ninglor
How the heck that would be possible? How can you see a person going super fast from point A to point B when the person who is in bullet time has not yet moved there, anyway, sounds like a stupid idea for a MMORPG.
but its the matrix!

bullet time is like a trademark
Axe Wielding Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 04:41 PM   #6
Nindalf

I am not saying the Bullet time is a stupid idea, the whole Matrix is. No way will it be as cool as the movie.(first one, second one sucked, and most likely the third one too. Agent Smith is the only good thing)
Nindalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 06:59 PM   #7
Ogni
In bed with Sega!

Now if there are story elements written by the Wachowski (or whatever) brothers, then the story most defenitely WILL SUCK!
Lets hope they are not responsible for the dialoges...

"...It took me ten minutes to tie my boots!" THRILLING!!!!
(dunno if thats what they say in the original, I just back-translated the dubed version I saw)
Old 11-15-2003, 07:12 PM   #8
Ash

Seems like a latch on to the movies once again. They ruined the first film with the trilogy; i liked the animatrix but I couldn't stand Enter the Matrix which seemed like an expensive way to understand the 2nd and 3rd movie.

I can't see how bullet time would work. Unless you start off normal, but then you're like in a matrix of the PC within a matrix of this world. It would be silly to wander round and everyone going "I know Kung Fu!"
Old 11-15-2003, 07:26 PM   #9
Reality
Sin and Punishment

The women sure are realistically built. Those are some of the biigest packeges I seen for a game in a while. I beat'ca in the real word that lady hooked up really has no chest. XD
Old 11-16-2003, 04:48 AM   #10
Alucard

nah, Lineage 2 has more impressive busts! I'm thinking bulet time wll most likely be both of you seeing things go slow but one persons block/evade skill going to 0. Theres no way one person can see things go fast while the other slow. The only other way I could see this is if the guy turns into a blurr and arms zipzip and their bodies zipzip side to side so they look like they're vibrating, once again your dodge/hit acuracy going down to 0!
Old 11-16-2003, 05:42 AM   #11
TheHardware
The Moment..

well in real life it would be like this..if we both have matrix powers then we both would go slow...if only one had em then the guy who doesnt would get his arsed kicked very quickly....i think when they throw punches and stuff your able to block and evade very easily...how they will make that repetetive act interesting is beyond me..but hey max payne did it so why not
Old 11-16-2003, 05:43 AM   #12
TheHardware
The Moment..

oh by the way dont any of you think my captions are funny
Old 11-16-2003, 08:11 AM   #13
Alucard

Quote:
Originally posted by TheHardware
oh by the way dont any of you think my captions are funny
Bannable offense.. Definately bannable!
Old 11-17-2003, 03:08 PM   #14
jeremy_aerts

Don't pass this game up so soon! monolith is making it! They make some great games! avp 2, no one lives forever, shogun, and tron 2.0. Or am i thinking of the wrong monolith?
Old 11-17-2003, 05:52 PM   #15
Cobi*
renegade

WTF?! I typed up a response but it got erased somehow...

anyway to summarize what I was going to say: The Matrix sucks.
Cobi* is offline   Reply With Quote