The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 07-03-2018, 12:28 PM   #1
bujeezus

SNES Classic

Like I posted in the other thread, I was able to snag a SNES Classic from Best Buy's web site yesterday. I had to drive to the store, which is 30 minutes away, as shipping was not offered. I got the email confirming my order and after a phone call to verify it was there, I was on the road. I prayed the lady I spoke with knew what she was doing when she looked up my order but being the pessimist I am, readied myself for disappointment (a free gift was offered with the order and I just [i]knew[i] that was what she was looking at when I called. Thankfully, it was there and I haven't been that excited for a video game(s) in a long time. I never finished Metroid as my battery died and I didn't have the confidence to try and change it out myself, so I was really looking forward to playing that again. And then there was Starfox 2. Would it be severely dated? So many of the games on this system I've always wanted to play but never got around to it. Starfox and DK Kountry are the only games that I've played all the way through back in the day. Firing it up last night for the first time I was a little nervous about how the games would look. I still have an original SNES with 1 of those cheap HDMI convertor boxes and was never happy with it. Some of the games look pretty good with the CRT setting while others look best without it. All in all, my face hurt from smiling so much after playing around on it for 2 hours. So stoked I was able to finally grab one of these jewels.

Old 07-03-2018, 04:30 PM   #2
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
nice!
It's pretty easy to hack too to add more SNES games to it or even NES games and if you regret doing it, you can actually revert it back to normal. I bought a 2nd one to do this with. Only cause the punks never added Chrono Trigger to it! SO I MUST DO IT!

It's not a SNES without Uniracers!
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 04:42 PM   #3
Hagane
Unlucky dog

I got one a couple of months ago thanks to a friend. While I had reservations about the system, after booting up Contra III and Mega Man X I completely forgot all about that and thanks to the fact that it's absurdly easy to mod I found myself replaying games that I didn't manage to finish on their time and trying games that never left Japan. I mean I could have played in a pc with emulators but being able to play those how it's supposed to be played just gives you the motivation.

Perhaps Nintendo gave up on Virtual Console because it's so easy to add more games afterwards and the majority runs perfectly.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 05:08 PM   #4
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Main reason I did it also, using the original controllers makes it more fun to play them again.
Old 07-03-2018, 08:09 PM   #5
Hagane
Unlucky dog

The downside it's that the lenght of the controllers cable it's still short, like almost half of the original ones but it's a little longer than the ones of the nes classic mini which by the way you can use snes pads on the nes, makes life a little easier.
Old 07-03-2018, 09:43 PM   #6
spider-prime

I just got some extension cords for them. Doesn't seem to be a problem with them, some people claimed they caused input delay but I don't notice it.

I even got some usb ports to plug them into the PC and other stuff too like my retropi so I can finally play the older games with the official controllers.
Old 07-04-2018, 12:57 AM   #7
Rubeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
I just got some extension cords for them. Doesn't seem to be a problem with them, some people claimed they caused input delay but I don't notice it.

I even got some usb ports to plug them into the PC and other stuff too like my retropi so I can finally play the older games with the official controllers.
I wonder if it is possible to use a USB controller with this? Is it possible to attach a USB hub to the back of the microUSB port, then use it for both power and controllers? Just don't want to spend money to buy controllers that can only be used on it.
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 01:57 AM   #8
spider-prime

I don't have a microusb hub port to try that with.
Old 07-04-2018, 10:26 PM   #9
Hagane
Unlucky dog

As I have seen yes it can. As to enable usb pads to work, enable 4 player games or use external usb as game storage.
Old 07-04-2018, 10:39 PM   #10
spider-prime

My ebgames/gamestop up here had one left of the NES classic, so I just grabbed it. Didn't even pay for it, I just ran with it and never looked back! lol

I hacked my other one, so this one is mostly for my collection of crap.
Old 07-05-2018, 07:15 AM   #11
Hagane
Unlucky dog

Another alternative for controllers is that you can employ the wii classic pads and because they got a home button you can use it to get back to the game list menu without the need to hit the reset button on the console.