The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 04-12-2021, 04:38 PM   #16
Nem
Smash bro!

The evil within 2!

It was pretty enjoyable. It was also a bit buggy though.

People say the first one was better, but i enjoyed this one more. It was more open but not too much.

Too bad Bethesda got bought by microsoft. If they make another one i'll probably pass on it.
I liked it, but not enough to make me buy an xbox. XD
Old 04-12-2021, 09:17 PM   #17
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nem View Post
The evil within 2!

It was pretty enjoyable. It was also a bit buggy though.

People say the first one was better, but i enjoyed this one more. It was more open but not too much.

Too bad Bethesda got bought by microsoft. If they make another one i'll probably pass on it.
I liked it, but not enough to make me buy an xbox. XD
They still putting everything on pc.
Old 04-13-2021, 06:11 AM   #18
Nem
Smash bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindMaphisto View Post
They still putting everything on pc.
Thing is, i don't like playing these kind of games on pc. I only play strategy games and mmo rpgs on the PC. Would also depend if it came to steam or not.
Not to worry though. I enjoyed the game, but it's not something i'm dying to have more of.
Old 04-15-2021, 09:17 AM   #19
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Finished Narita Boy on gamepass. Pretty groovy retrogame that really hits all the high notes of 80's nostalgia.

Old 04-30-2021, 10:09 PM   #20
Nem
Smash bro!

Legend of zelda: majora's mask 3DS.

I hated it. Camera is horrible, controls are horrible, design is outdated and frustrating. But, at the same time i recognize what a grand game it was for it's time. It reminds me of Shemue in that regard.
God, i hated the systems though. After finishing it, the feel i get is that it's a game that made me hate games.
The story was crap too though. Link starts looking for Sheik... and who the eff remembers by the end of the game. It was a filler story whose point was this little sandboxy world you were put in designed to waste your time, but somehow eandear as you discover it and go on a grand journey.
Truly a game of extremes. Will not touch it ever again though. XD
Old 05-02-2021, 02:11 PM   #21
bujeezus

Quote:
Finished Narita Boy on gamepass. Pretty groovy retrogame that really hits all the high notes of 80's nostalgia.

I couldn't get past the chromatic abberation. I couldn't find a way to disable it. Gave me a headache which is a shame coz it seems like my kinda game.
Old 05-03-2021, 09:57 AM   #22
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujeezus View Post
I couldn't get past the chromatic abberation. I couldn't find a way to disable it. Gave me a headache which is a shame coz it seems like my kinda game.
Did you try turning the CRT filter to soft to see if that helped?
Old 05-07-2021, 04:02 PM   #23
bujeezus

Quote:
Did you try turning the CRT filter to soft to see if that helped?
It helped a bit but still jarring after the nice, crisp main menu...
Old 06-30-2021, 02:31 PM   #24
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Finished Control ultimate edition yesterday and polished off the dlc expansions today. I gotta say, I think that game is over rated. The way people talk about it I expected much more. I'd say it's a 7.5 out of 10. Definitely on the good side of the quality line but not great.
Old 08-08-2021, 08:22 PM   #25
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Omno. Relaxing and quick game. I really liked it. My playthrough was just under 2 hours. Nothing ever really stumped me which works when you're in the right mood.
Old 09-01-2021, 10:35 AM   #26
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

played 12 minutes, Pretty good story, Resident Evil 7, The hype around that game was justified. Loved it, and today I finished Psychonauts 2. Pretty great game.
Old 09-19-2021, 09:34 PM   #27
Nem
Smash bro!

Beat Bloodstained curse of the moon on vita. Nothing much to say. It's a nice 8-bit throwback, but nothing special.

Also beat Super Metroid. Yes, the snes game on the Wii U.

It had some appauling moments and a lot of "guessing" required, but it really yes a pretty good game. The jumping is a bit slippery, but the mood this game sets and the mostly open emded nature of it make it something special.

Playing Metroid fusion next. All in the run up to Metroid dread.
Old 10-05-2021, 07:08 PM   #28
Nem
Smash bro!

Metroid Fusion!

It was pretty good. Still had to annoying "you must guess" moments, but it was better paced. I say that, but it's up to preferance. Some might prefer the more open ended design of Super.
I did like super best cause of the atmosphere, but the controls were definitly better in Fusion and Samus grabbed on to ledges, which was good.
Old 10-08-2021, 11:29 AM   #29
Nem
Smash bro!

Metroid Zero mission!

Yeah, turns out i was somewhat pleased by the series apart from certain details and was enjoying playing them on the wii u gamepad, so i got the first two as well.
Just beat zero mission, which was actually pretty good. I didnot get stuck once and the music and atmosphere were akin to super metroid, which makes sense since it's the same planet. The titular zero mission, which i believe wasn't in the original saw the debut of samus zero suit in a stealth like section to give the game a new climax and maybe comfirm where the ship remnant from super metroid could have come from.

I just got metroid samys returns on the mail and got notice of my metroid dread pre-order artivibg. This truly us the year of metroid for me.