The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 11-04-2019, 01:33 PM   #1
Rubeus

Kojima Productions Plans to Make Films in the Future

Is Death Stranding considered a half flop? You either like it or really hate it.

Quote:
Kojima Productions Plans to Make Films in the Future

From cinematic to cinema.

Hideo Kojima has stated his intent for his studio, Kojima Productions, to start making movies as well as video games in the future.

Talking to BBC Newsbeat as part of a documentary about Death Stranding, Kojima said “In the future Kojima Productions will start making films. If you can do one thing well, then you can do everything well.”

Kojima went on to explain that he sees that movies, TV shows, and games competing in the same space in the future, thanks to streaming technology, and that this will encourage new formats to emerge.

“I’m very interested in the new format of game that will appear on there and that’s what I want to take on,” he said.

Death Stranding may be a strange design in the grand scheme of video games, but Kojima notes that it is not his way to transitioning from one format to another. “But this game is, to start with, like Guillermo del Toro told me, not a way to break out, but to make something that the fans expect,” he said. “There are new elements to the game but the basis is something people are used to playing.”

Quite when Kojima intends to begin producing films was not discussed in the documentary. However, his work on Death Stranding does mark at least a half-step into the medium; the game’s central characters are all played by Hollywood talent, and a significant amount of the game’s runtime is made up of film-like cutscenes. Kojima has long been known for his cinematic eye, so it will be fascinating to see him transition entirely into the movie medium.

https://ca.ign.com/articles/2019/11/...-in-the-future

Last edited by Rubeus; 11-04-2019 at 05:41 PM.
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 11-04-2019, 01:58 PM   #2
Ernst

I actually love that the critical reaction to Death Stranding has been mixed. Snake Eater’s critical reaction was middling and it’s a classic. Kojima’s tweets also seem to embrace the mixed reaction. It means Kojima took a genuine risk and I’m stoked to try it out.
Ernst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 12:49 AM   #3
Hagane
Unlucky dog

This guy now wants to make films?

Who would have thought? The man that makes his games about 20 hours of cutscenes with some gameplay between them.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 04:18 PM   #4
RYU

like he say that before about MGS movie and never happen.
Old 11-07-2019, 01:43 AM   #5
Nem
Smash bro!

Is iteven out yet? For it to be a flop it needs to not have sold well.