The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 10-17-2019, 11:25 AM   #1
Rubeus

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore Will Be Based On The Censored Western Version

I thought Nintendo is not into that type of sh*t?

Quote:
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore Will Be Based On The (Censored) Western Version Of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE

The official Japanese website for Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore, the definitive version of the Nintendo Wii U JRPG that blends elements of Persona with Fire Emblem characters, has revealed some details about what people can expect from the release. Namely, it will be based on the Western release of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, which means that certain content changes will be present. (Thanks, Japanese Nintendo!)

At the bottom of the site, underneath preorder information and next to the release date and price, there is a note confirming Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore will be universal and based on the western release, including the global version’s new content. The page also shows a screenshot of Tsubasa Oribe wearing the different outfit during her performance of “Feel,” rather than the original one she wore in the Japanese version.

In the western release of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, character ages were changed to make them older, some costumes were changed to become less revealing, and the “To the Secret Hot Springs, Go!” DLC videos were cut.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore will come to the Nintendo Switch on January 17, 2020. Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE is immediately available for the Nintendo Wii U worldwide.

https://www.siliconera.com/2019/10/1...e-sessions-fe/

Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 10-18-2019, 12:29 AM   #2
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
boobs are bad! But men can be in tight thong speedos and nobody would say boo. I love that only women can be sexualized but never men.
People complain about how She Ra looks in the old cartoons, but then never say anyting that He-man mostly just wears fur underwear!
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 09:54 AM   #3
Ernst

God dammit. I really wanted to buy this. But I won’t support censored gaming. I’ll try and pick it up second hand.
Ernst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 11:14 AM   #4
Rubeus

Japanese players were particularly pissed at the decision.

Quote:

Nintendo apologizes for situation surrounding censored Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, will let fans cancel pre-orders

Nintendo caused a stir – particularly in Japan – after fans discovered that Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE will be based on the western version of the Wii U original. That edition had a number of changes and cuts. Fans became aware of the situation after Nintendo swapped out screenshots on the Japanese website and then attached a very brief notice.

Following the response, Nintendo has posted an official apology. The company said that the Wii U screenshot was an error, and was updated with a Switch screenshot later on as a result.

Why is Nintendo using one version of the game in all regions in the first place? It all apparently comes down to creating a single edition of the software that can be released simultaneously worldwide.

Fans were unhappy that this information came to light after pre-orders had already started. Nintendo says that it will allow such consumers to put in cancellations on the eShop as well as the My Nintendo store. Information will follow later.

https://nintendoeverything.com/ninte...el-pre-orders/
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 01:44 PM   #5
Ernst

Why are they doing this in the first place? It’s so bloody unnecessary and annoying.
Ernst is offline   Reply With Quote