The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 05-30-2018, 03:16 AM   #1
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee for switch!

Does work with Pokémon Go and a actual pokeball to hold your pokemon!

But, this isn't even the main game, just a fun remake of Pokémon Yellow.
The real core game comes out next year.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 05-30-2018, 09:08 AM   #2
Rubeus

I don't know how the game works if there's no random encounters?

Quote:
Pokemon Let’s Go, Pikachu and Pokemon Let’s Go, Eevee
  • The original 151 and some Alolan form Pokemon (like Exeggutor) are included. (via, 2)
  • There will not be any wild Pokemon battles, but you can battle other trainers.
  • One completely new Pokemon will appear. This special Pokemon can be met by linking Pokemon Go. Pokemon Let’s Go, Pikachu and Pokemon Let’s Go, Eevee can connect to Pokemon GO via Bluebooth technology. There are other gameplay ideas that have yet to be announced regarding how the games will connect. Those who play both will be rewarded. (via, 2, 3, 4)
  • Pokemon Let’s Go, Pikachu and Pokemon Let’s Go, Eevee are viewed as the next step for players brought in by Pokemon GO to continue with the series, which is why the catching interface / models are the same. (via)
  • No online features are planned. (via, 2)
  • You will still be able to trade and battle, but will need multiple Switch units for that. You can also have multiple accounts on the same console, however. (via)
  • Nintendo engineers helped create the Poke Ball Plus. The idea was to create the closest thing to an actual Poke Ball that really felt like it has a Pokemon inside. (via)

https://gematsu.com/2018/05/pokemon-...ced-for-switch
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 11:59 AM   #3
Nem
Smash bro!

I was excited until i found that out.

Deal breaker.

Seems to be a Pokémon Go companion game.
Old 06-03-2018, 02:42 AM   #4
Rubeus

Another deal breaker, from Famitsu.com, they said all online features other than local battle/exchange will require subscription to Switch Online Services, not free like 3DS Pokemon games.

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201806/01158241.html

Q. It was a story that "There is traditional communication battle / exchange", but is it okay if we recognize that it is a communication battle / exchange, such as being connected to people all over the world online?

A. Battle between the Internet and local communication Battle / exchange is possible. However, it is not a function such as battle spot (rating battle, free battle, online tournament, etc.), GTS, and miracle exchange until " Pocket Monster Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon " is a little more simple function. We will introduce the contents at a later date. In addition, in order to use the above function, you need to join Nintendo Switch Online, which will be officially started from September.
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 04:24 AM   #5
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
well, I think everyone figured that. They will probably only do F2P games that will be free online like the other systems do. Which is another reason F2P games are more popular right now on consoles. ie Fortnite. Kids can't afford to buy for online or games themselves without their parents.

I'm just happy there is battling in it still, it is pretty fun to do. I love facing my niece and nephew, I give them good pokemon that I won't use, and they think they can beat me, but they don't understand EV and IV stats and hidden abilities, so I still destroy them. If they didn't want to play it, I wouldn't even play pokemon games, they got me back into them, damn them! lol

I haven't gotten one since Gold and Silver on the Gameboy

at least their online services are pretty cheap, household account is at least only 40 something dollars and not 79.99 like it is up here for the other systems. fucking Canada, we always have to pay more!
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote