The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 11-30-2018, 01:50 AM   #1
Rubeus

People are pissed about the quality of Fallout 76's Power Armor Ed., apology sucks

Click for full size

Quote:
People are pissed about the quality of Fallout 76's Power Armor edition, and Bethesda's apology gift sucks

Insult to injury

The hits just keep coming. Fallout 76 players have been quite vocal about their displeasure with the West Virginia Wasteland. A thin story, poor multiplayer implementation, a tedious inventory system, and bugs galore plague the latest Fallout game. But the latest complaint suggests Bethesda's shortcomings aren't limited to just the software.

At E3, Bethesda announced a limited $199 Power Armor edition of Fallout 76. The centerpiece was a wearable T-51b Power Armor helmet, but it had some other goodies. Among them was a "Canvas West Tek Duffel Bag," meant to store the helmet.

People who ponied up for the expensive Fallout 76 edition got something much cheaper in quality. The bag that shipped was actually nylon, not canvas. There's a big difference. Canvas is heavy duty and can stand up to some wear and tear. Nylon is the flimsy junk that 5K Walk for the Cure promotional bags are made of.

Here's a comparison shot:

@Fallout @Bethesda_ANZ @bethesda @DCDeacon is there any reason why we got a thin nylon bag instead of the canvas bag that was originally advertised? pic.twitter.com/oURZak2AEC
Scotty (@ScottyDontTwit) November 19, 2018
Bethesda, looking to quickly quell this uprising, sorted out a make-good. As announced over Twitter, people who pre-ordered the Power Armor edition can contact customer service for an apology gift of 500 Atoms. That's $5 worth of microtransaction currency -- and generally not enough to cover anything worthwhile.

There's no silver lining here. Most Fallout fans, the ones willing to spend an extra $140 on a collector's edition, are probably disappointed with the way Fallout 76 turned out. In turn, they are probably also disappointed that there's a good chance their Power Armor edition arrived late -- in many cases, at least a week after the game's November 14 release date. And, they're probably disappointed with the bag they thought they were getting.

Disappointment all around, and $5 toward cosmetics isn't fixing any of it.

https://www.destructoid.com/people-a...s-533017.phtml
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 03:04 AM   #2
Hagane
Unlucky dog

In a couple of days Bethesda not only managed to deliver a contender for most disappointing game of the year but also worst game and this whole thing will get listed in one of controversial things on 2018's gaming.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 08:07 PM   #3
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Haven't anyone learned yet to stop buying collector editions? They always promise this awesome stuff, but always suck afterwards. I stopped after Batman 1 on PS3 when that batarang turned out to be a big plastic piece of crap and every detail of it was gone from what they showed.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 02:04 AM   #4
Hagane
Unlucky dog

Yeah, just like those people that bought that special edition of Marvel vs Capcom Infinity.

They just won't learn...
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 12:42 PM   #5
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote