The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > MagicBox Member Reviews

Old 01-22-2005, 09:55 AM   #331
Paper exe
Pwnd

I thought like this too but I turn out to be wrong because if Nintendo want to remake there N64 games they can only remake 9 of them because the other are not Nintendo games,Nintendo just Published it or they are going to make a sequel instead of remake or they already remake it
meaning even if they want to make a remake they can at most make 9
Paper exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 01:22 PM   #332
NES4EVER
Gibby

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperEXE
I thought like this too but I turn out to be wrong because if Nintendo want to remake there N64 games they can only remake 9 of them because the other are not Nintendo games,Nintendo just Published it or they are going to make a sequel instead of remake or they already remake it
meaning even if they want to make a remake they can at most make 9
Actually, Even though there were more than 9 nintendo developed games on N64 I doubt they will even make 9 of their own developed ports. It would be hard to find 9 games below that I would buy "I would buy 7 of them though"

I still expect them to be porting games that Camelot, Hudson Soft, HAL, and perhaps RARE made. They will just have to work out a royalties agreement with those companies is all. You know they will surely try to port over the likes of Donkey Kong 64, Paper Mario, Mario Tennis & Golf since I imagine it will be faster & cheaper to just pay royalties than to create a sequel to many of their tops hits from 64. The sequels will come later on. I don't expect to see many games in the first 18 months that will truly be made as originals or new sequels on the DS, or PSP for that matter. NOTE: I said MANY, not ANY!

Some Nintendo Developed 64's
1080? Snowboarding
F-Zero X
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Mario Kart 64
Pilotwings 64
Pok?mon Puzzle League
Pok?mon Stadium
Pok?mon Stadium 2
Ridge Racer 64
StarFox 64
Super Mario 64
Wave Race 64
Yoshi's Story
PSN ID - GIBBYVA
NES4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 01:58 PM   #333
Paper exe
Pwnd

1080? Snowboarding:-They already made a new 1080 game for NGC so why would they remake it again?
F-Zero X:-they already made F-Zero GX for the NGC and it is the better version so why would they make a worst version if the they already made a version that have all what the F-Zero X have and more?
and on top of that they just made a new one for the GBA
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask:-they already remake it for the NGC so why do it again?
and now they are working on the new Zelda for the NGC and after that they will start working on another new Zelda(the NDS one)
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time:-they made 2 remakes for NGC so why make the third one?
Mario Kart 64:-now they are working on Mario Kart DS(new game) so why release a remake if they are going to make a new one instead?
Pilotwings 64:-oops I forgot about this game
Pok?mon Puzzle League:-the already made one for the NGC (japan only) and it did not sell very will so why make another one?
Pok?mon Stadium&Pok?mon Stadium 2:-NDS cannot play the original GameBoy and GameBoy Color games meaning remakeing these games will be useles
Ridge Racer 64:-they already remake it for the NDS and then call it Ridge Racer DS
StarFox 64:-this is one of the 9 games
Super Mario 64:-the already remake it for the NDS so there is no need to make another one
Wave Race 64:-there is the NGC version and it is better then the N64 version so why remake a game that they already made a better version for it?
Yoshi's Story:-they already made the sequel of this game and it called Yoshi Touch & Go and it is better(famitsu give it a very high score) so why remake it?
Mario Tennis & Golf:-they already made the better version for the NGC so why make the worst version?
and now they are working on a new Mario Tennis for GBA
Old 01-22-2005, 02:15 PM   #334
NES4EVER
Gibby

Quote:
1080? Snowboarding:-They already made a new 1080 game for NGC so why would they remake it again?
F-Zero X:-they already made F-Zero GX for the NGC and it is the better version so why would they make a worst version if the they already made a version that have all what the F-Zero X have and more?
and on top of that they just made a new one for the GBA
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask:-they already remake it for the NGC so why do it again?
and now they are working on the new Zelda for the NGC and after that they will start working on another new Zelda(the NDS one)
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time:-they made 2 remakes for NGC so why make the third one?
Mario Kart 64:-now they are working on Mario Kart DS(new game) so why release a remake if they are going to make a new one instead?
Pilotwings 64:-oops I forgot about this game
Pok?mon Puzzle League:-the already made one for the NGC (japan only) and it did not sell very will so why make another one?
Pok?mon Stadium&Pok?mon Stadium 2:-NDS cannot play the original GameBoy and GameBoy Color games meaning remakeing these games will be useles
Ridge Racer 64:-they already remake it for the NDS and then call it Ridge Racer DS
StarFox 64:-this is one of the 9 games
Super Mario 64:-the already remake it for the NDS so there is no need to make another one
Wave Race 64:-there is the NGC version and it is better then the N64 version so why remake a game that they already made a better version for it?
Yoshi's Story:-they already made the sequel of this game and it called Yoshi Touch & Go and it is better(famitsu give it a very high score) so why remake it?
Mario Tennis & Golf:-they already made the better version for the NGC so why make the worst version?
and now they are working on a new Mario Tennis for GBA
Because porting is CHEAP.... Why make all these games for DS when they are already made again for NGC? Umm...

NGC = Home Console
NDS = Portable

The only reason they shouldn't make these games for DS is if they were already ported to GBA, which they weren't. I wasn't saying to remake Mario64 and games they have slated to make or have made on DS yet again! WTF? I simply listed some Nin Developed 64 games that I knew of and said from that list I personally would buy 7 of those titles, if/when ported for my own DS when I buy one because they would be PORTABLE. Personally, I don't drag my NGC around everywhere with me. Do you? I wouldn't mind having Zelda: OOT or Mario Golf, etc. on the go no matter how much better my NGC version sitting at home was. Look how many people bought all the NES Classics GBA releases! To have any game as both a home based and portable title, if its a good game, is great! IMO
PSN ID - GIBBYVA
Old 01-22-2005, 02:34 PM   #335
Paper exe
Pwnd

they will not make a worst version because they are Portable this is just stupid
they may make a sequel but not a remake Nintendo is not that stupid
Note:-I am talking about games like Mario Kart and Wave Race and 1080 etc

about NES Classics they wear just like the NES version not worst
there is a big difference between worst and the same and these games wear about 20 years ago not just 7 or 8 years
Old 01-22-2005, 08:05 PM   #336
dog$
RS Cokehead Police

Come on and review Robotron 2084, Joe.
dog$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 08:23 PM   #337
Joe Redifer
Olé!

I will if I have it.

Also, Pilotwings 64 was NOT developed by Nintendo. It's actually a US developed game, but I forget the name of the group who did it.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 08:36 PM   #338
NES4EVER
Gibby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Redifer
Also, Pilotwings 64 was NOT developed by Nintendo. It's actually a US developed game, but I forget the name of the group who did it.
It was worked on together as a joint effort with Paradigm Entertainment I thought? It's been a long time and maybe I'm wrong but I thought Nintendo's team helped develop this game and it wasn't a solely 2nd party game?

Quote:
they will not make a worst version because they are Portable this is just stupid
they may make a sequel but not a remake Nintendo is not that stupid
Note:-I am talking about games like Mario Kart and Wave Race and 1080 etc

about NES Classics they wear just like the NES version not worst
there is a big difference between worst and the same and these games wear about 20 years ago not just 7 or 8 years
Dude, whatever man... it doesnt matter if it was last year, 7yrs ago, or 20yrs ago. Taking it to the portable genre will be cool. They won't be "WORST" versions than the N64 game they are porting. They will be the same, just like the NES Classics or even better by enhanced features, like Mario64 DS. Just because there have been sequels to some of the N64 games to the NGC doesn't mean the N64 versions are now ****ty and shouldn't be brought to the portable scene. Saying "That" is what is stupid.
PSN ID - GIBBYVA
Old 01-22-2005, 09:21 PM   #339
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Yeah Paradigm. Nintendo offered suggestions on the direction the gameplay could take, etc etc etc, but it was Paradigm who did all of the actual programming. To me, that is not a Nintendo developed game.
Old 01-22-2005, 09:31 PM   #340
NES4EVER
Gibby

Quote:
Yeah Paradigm. Nintendo offered suggestions on the direction the gameplay could take, etc etc etc, but it was Paradigm who did all of the actual programming. To me, that is not a Nintendo developed game.
I agree then, my error. Pilotwings seems like eons ago and actually I had forgot that they had worked with another company on it until you mentioned that. I doubt it would be one to be ported anyway, although I liked the game myself, it just for some reason came to mind when i was thinking of games on N64 I thought Nin had developed and most of them that had "64" behind the name were always easy for me to remember.
PSN ID - GIBBYVA
Old 01-23-2005, 10:00 PM   #341
dog$
RS Cokehead Police

Quote:
I will if I have it.
http://www.shockwave.com/sw/content/robotron

Play it for free.
dog$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 11:18 PM   #342
Joe Redifer
Olé!

That Shockwave version requires some other plug-in that I do not have nor care to get. I do have the MAME version, though. And it was made by Williams, not Midway, so my comment still stands that Midway is an extremely crappy company by all accounts and has never, ever made a good game, nor will they ever because they only hire losers and make crappy games. Their headquarters should be set on fire and all of their employees and families and friends and even acquaintences should all die. OK maybe that last statement was a little overboard... the acquaintences can live.
Old 01-23-2005, 11:49 PM   #343
NES4EVER
Gibby

I agree they are a ****ty company but "NEVER" made a good game Joe? I personally liked a handful of games they spewed out in between the garbage including.

Area 51 - Played this in the Arcades and on Saturn forever
Mortal Kombat I, II, III, Trilogy, Ultimate MK 3 - Played the crap out of all these
NBA JAM & T.E. - even though it got old after these, it was great when it first appeared.
T2: The Arcade Game - I played the hell out of this one on Genny
Ready to Rumble 1 & 2 - These tired quick to but were great games for a while on my ole N64
Total Carnage on SNES was cool
PSN ID - GIBBYVA
Old 01-24-2005, 12:59 AM   #344
Havoc2049
64-bit Interactive Multimedia System

Area 51 was made by Atari Games, when they were still part of the Time Warner Interactive/Tengen/Atari Games/Namco family. Atari Games used to make good games, until they were bought by Midway. In Midway's great wisdom, they closed down Atari Games a few years after they bought them.

Ever play San Fransisco Rush 2049 for the Dreamcast? That game rocks and goes for a decent amount on ebay. It was Atari Games first game for Midway, but Midway changed all the secret gold coins and replaced the ultra cool Atari "Fuji" /|\ logo with the Midway logo....ugh.

Last edited by Havoc2049; 01-24-2005 at 01:09 AM.
Havoc2049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 01:07 AM   #345
Vicviper
Hello handsome!

Didn't Midway make Smash TV? That was a good game..

Midway is good at making Pinball machines. They should stick with Pinball and nothing else.
Vicviper is offline   Reply With Quote