The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Sony Discussion

Old 09-28-2018, 01:34 AM   #1
Rubeus

Castlevania Requiem is a PS4 exclusive because Sony partnered with Konami

Didn't know this is a PS4 exclusive, but you can easily play the original on emulators

Click for full size

Quote:
Castlevania Requiem is a PS4 exclusive because Sony partnered with Konami

'Partnership with SIE Worldwide Studios to create these high-quality ports'
Advertisement

Castlevania fans cheered for Requiem, a new two-pack that includes the classics Symphony of the Night and Rondo of Blood, but then saw the fine print: PS4 exclusive.

Although many other platforms have these titles at this point, especially Symphony of the Night (which is enjoying backward compatibility on Xbox), you'll have to look elsewhere if you want this enhanced set: it's probably never going to come to another platform, or at least anytime soon.

Yep it seems like the 4K/1080p upscaling, filters, trophies, and DualShock 4 speaker effects are indeed not getting ported in their various incarnations, as Sony specifically partnered with Konami for the release. Straight from Konami: "Fans of the game will relive the timeless classics like never before thanks to Konami’s partnership with SIE (Sony Interactive Entertainment) Worldwide Studios to create these high-quality ports." No wiggle room there.

Are we in an alternate timeline or is Konami cleaning up a bit? First we get the release of the IP for the Castlevania Netflix show (which is getting a new season right around when Requiem is out), alongside of a literal year plus of free Bomberman R DLC. They have a long way to go but it's a start.

https://www.destructoid.com/castleva...i-524637.phtml
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 02:58 AM   #2
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
but will rondo of blood be the PSP version upgraded? or original with new features?
I'm hoping for both.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 03:37 AM   #3
Hagane
Unlucky dog

Meh...

They should have done Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles with that resolution, both games are on that package.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote