The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 11-15-2005, 03:22 AM   #1
Vegetto
Alive

whats the most pain you've felt?

whats the most painful thing thats happened to you? and im not talkin boohoo emotional pain im talkin owch that smarts pain

you know physical pain..."the only kind of pain a man understands"

I honestly couldnt tell you in my case, I hurt myself so much that I really dont remember

ive had at least 3 concussions so far in my life

split my head open

sprained my ankle twice(now that hurts)

always fall down the stairs

smash fingers in door

burned myself

I'd have to say that either sprains or burns hurt the most in my experience..

owch
Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 03:30 AM   #2
Drunken Savior

Getting my wisdom teeth removed and waking up not knowing where I was (I as at home) without my viccodin and a bloody mouth. Ow.

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 03:34 AM   #3
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Well when I was about 10 or so I did a backflip off of a plowed snow drift in a parking lot... on my bike. The parking lot was about 6 feet higher than the entrance to the junior high school where I was riding my bike with a couple of friends at the time. The snow plow piled the parking lot snow right at the edge of the parking lot making a sweet ramp with a more-than-8-foot drop. We all took turns jumping off of it and landing below and crap like that. But I decided that I needed to take it at a real high speed and pull up to get as much height as possible. It resulted in a backflip... and a half. After the complete backflip I landed on my back. It hurt pretty bad and it was a few minutes before I was even able to get up again and ride my bike home and have dinner which was a mile away. I am cooler than all of my friends for doing this.

Also one time when I was pissed at my parents I put my arm through a window and it got sliced open. It didn't hurt until I looked at my arm and could see the muscle inside. Not pretty. From that point on it hurt pretty bad. I got it stitched up at the hospital and even though they gave me local anethesia I could still feel the guy sewing up my arm. I still have the scar. And the memory which sucks ass.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 03:40 AM   #4
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I got hit really hard by a really powerful Paintball gun shot into my neck up close. But it passed after 10 secs strange enough.

And this one time, no one knows what happened to me during this, for over 2 weeks, all at random times, my throat would close up COMPLETELY, and I couldn't breath, I had to make myself throw up to get whatever was plugging up my throat, and every time it was a HUGE PIECE of Flem. It happened the most when I was sleeping, if I didn't wake up, I guess I wouldn't be typing this right now

and I got a nail right though my hand before. When I was in a Play at the local theater, someone forgot to nail down one of the nails in the stage they built, and I fell right onto it going right though my hand.

I got stabbed twice in the sides of my body. Muggers, thought that stabbing me thought I would chicken out then Pussies ran off when they found I wasn't easy, stupid detroit, filled with pussies.

I think when I was suffocating, that was the worst of them all, first few times, I had no clue what to do, I was lucky enough to not pass out within the 3 mins each time it happened, I have no clue how I got though that. whew.. hehe But after a while, I just made myself throw up and noticed it unplugged everything right away, it was tough, but when you want to, its the easiest thing to do.

I've got more then that, but right now thats all I can think of, other then the time I almost drowned when I was 3, and when I was 2, I fell off a high chair landing my tongue on a Spoon, ALMOST cutting my tongue in half, but I don't remember those, so I don't count them has my worst pain.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 03:58 AM   #5
sharky~
Out Run Master!

getting fillings.. doesnt sound bad when i say it but the docter cut through a nurve.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:01 AM   #6
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

I was playing basketball with my friends and went to do a layup and was not paying attention and ran right into the pole holding up the basketball hoop. My nut sack hurt for 2 days after that. Also, getting my four wisdom tooth pulled hurt pretty bad.

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 04:07 AM   #7
justin_credible

I'm starting to think I'm like Bruce Willis from Unbreakable, nothing bad has ever happened to me...ever.

Well I was hit by a car when I was little, but it hit me in the stomach going slow and it just knocked the air out of me.

No broken bones, sprains...nothing.

Part of me fears the irony that is life that something really bad will happen later in my life to make up for all the pain I haven't felt.
justin_credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 04:11 AM   #8
Drunken Savior

Now Sam Jackson is going to come after you!

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 04:17 AM   #9
burpingcat
Really Enjoys The Magic Box

I'm with Justin...I've had some nasty falls and what not throughout my life, but no serious injuries. Never broken a bone, had teeth pulled or worked on (I've never had a cavity, either), no major surgery, etc. Only thing I can remember was when I cut my forehead open after falling on the edge of a glass table. But I was really young and don't remember the pain. Other than that, I can't think of anything else.

Surgery shouldn't really count in this thread since painful accidents are far more traumatic, but from hearing about it, getting wisdom teeth pulled sounds painful enough.
burpingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 04:35 AM   #10
naruto_sensei
O N E P I E C E

I can't really think of that many painful things that've happened to me..
well there was this one time where I triped and a bike somehow rode over my lip.
naruto_sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 05:24 AM   #11
Sinful Sam
gnarf! gnarf!

One time I was hanging out with a friend at school during 3rd grade (I think) and we were sitting on the grass talking. Some kid was swinging a unattached teather ball in circles in the back and I ignored him. A few minutes later I felt the ball fly right above my head, then the end part of the chain hit the back of my head. It hurt pretty bad (don?t really remember how painful) and I thought it was nothing serious until I walked down my class and noticed blood all over my hand from rubbing my head. I remember freaking out about it.

The last time I felt a lot of pain was when I grabbed a light bulb by accident. That burned!

STEAM: Sinfulsam
PSN: Sinfulsam
Live Gamertag: Sinful Sam
3DS Code: 1461-6914-4192 (PM me your code if you add me)
Sinful Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 08:16 AM   #12
camac
I feel so good.

Hmm, a couple of years ago when I was in middle school I was helping out cleaning the house, I happen to have a pair of scissors in my hand for some reason. So I saw this weird metel thing poking out from on top of the microwave that was attacthed to the range, I didn't know what it was, I poked it and got electrocuted pretty nicely. Felt weird, but not painful painful I guess...

Another time when I was like.. 5.. I was playing Baseball, the pitcher threw the ball and I swing, I guess it must have hit the bat too close to my hands or something because the ball flew right up into my face and knocked out and broke a couple of my teeth.

.. I guess other than that nothing serious aside from a couple of falls and cuts and crap like that.
camac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 08:44 AM   #13
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

When I was very young I was running around in my uncle's house and then I tripped and hit right at my left cheekbone towards the bottom of the sofa and had a big ass gash, so I got stiches, At my grandmother's house I jumped from some stairs and broke a toe. About 3 or 4 months ago I slammed another toe into a wall on accident (and breaking it), then about 2 months ago I hit that same toe again which I'm very positive it broke yet again.

STEAM

Looking to make a Team Fortress 2 team. Pm me if interested.
MarionetteKazuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 09:15 AM   #14
Nephlabobo
Banned

I fractured my wrist about 3 1/2 years ago. I had 6 pins in it to while it was healing. The most pain I've ever felt was when they were taking the pins out.

Four of the pins were taken out with a DRILL going in reverse. Not only did it hurt, the tips of the pins were excrutiatingly hot from being drilled out of the bone in my arm!

Even better was when they took the last two pins out. They ran down from my wrist lengthwise into the bone. And they took them out with....VICE GRIPS.

FUCKING VICE GRIPS. Grabbing the pins and shaking the pins back and forth, slowly inching out of my arm. And they wouldn't give me painkillers unti they were finished. They wanted me to make sure I'd tell them to stop if it hurt to much so they wouldn't do any nerve damage.

The only cool part was squeezing my hand and watching blood bubble out of the four holes in my arm.

Absolute most excrutiating pain I've ever felt.
Nephlabobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 09:36 AM   #15
justin_credible

It's sad that I have to resort to other people's pain, but he's my cousin and my roommate, his name's Chase.

He was driving in his truck and was going too fast around a turn and flew right into a tree. He was stuck under the tree trapped in his truck and should of died. He was very lucky to only have a broken arm. He's got this huge scare up his arm. Crazy stuff.

I've also seen some crazy bloody ass patients at my job (hospital) because I transport them. Car wrecks and what not. And I've had to move dead bodies.
justin_credible is offline   Reply With Quote