Old 07-23-2020, 04:35 PM   #1
Rubeus

Dragon Quest XI S - Definitive Edition will be $40 on PC, PS4, and Xbox One

Is this in full HD or higher?

Click for full size

Quote:
Dragon Quest XI S - Definitive Edition will be $40 on PC, PS4, and Xbox One

Launching December 4 with Xbox Game Pass support

After a stint on Nintendo Switch, Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition is coming to PlayStation 4, PC (Steam), and Xbox One (including Xbox Game Pass) on December 4, 2020.

It's a hell of a name for a hell of a game. And it's about time Xbox players get to experience this series.

Building on the already whimsical base game, the Definitive Edition of Dragon Quest XI has bonus story scenarios woven into the original adventure, a lavish 16-bit mode, a much-appreciated orchestrated soundtrack, the Japanese voice track, battle speed options, a photo mode, and miscellaneous gameplay features like hassle-free crafting to "make the game smoother and more convenient to play."

That said, expect some visual quirks due to the Definitive Edition's Switch lineage.

"It's a port of the Nintendo Switch version, so the graphics are not the same as they were for the original Dragon Quest XI for PlayStation 4," according to Square Enix. "Please note, however, that the resolution and frame rate are at least as good as they were for the original PlayStation 4 release."

Square Enix is selling Dragon Quest XI S for $40 on PC, PS4, and Xbox One, and there's no upgrade option or discount for current players who want to experience the new Definitive Edition content.

At least the price is where it needs to be for players who are coming in fresh.

https://www.destructoid.com/stories/...e-598449.phtml
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 07-24-2020, 01:36 PM   #2
Nem
Smash bro!

Why couldn't they just have made it an upgrade to the existing version?

Now i have to trade graphics for voices? Deary me... i'm not sure it's worth it for me.
Old 07-24-2020, 07:18 PM   #3
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
what are the main differences between them all?

I haven't bought any of DQ11 versions, so no clue.
I was waiting for a really cheap price, like around 20 dollars.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 12:50 AM   #4
Nem
Smash bro!

If i'm getting this right the original PS4 version has better graphics.

This new version will be an upscale of the Switch version. So, graphics are worse, but it has Japanese voices, additional English voices and some additional quests based on your party members.

Thing is, i already have the PS4 version. That trade off doesn't seem worth it for 40 euros. At least i got the eye candy. But, if you haven't bought a version yet, this one might be a good choice. Though atm i think the ps4 vanilla version is on sale for 20 euros. Not sure the same sale is going on there, but you can take a look.
Old 07-25-2020, 01:05 AM   #5
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I normally wait for really awesome sales now, cause they happen quite often now. Only time I get a game on launch is if it's really good and I want it.
I bought a whole bunch of games for 90 dollars on the PS4, Yakuza games, horizon zero dawn, dark souls remastered, uncharted 4 for 9.99 each.

Only thing I hate is certain games go out of print if I don't pick them up and then I have to buy them on ebay. lol
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote