The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 12-04-2006, 12:33 PM   #1
Reality
Sin and Punishment

Reggie: Wii online games in Q2 2007.

Quote:
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/12/04/re...es-in-q2-2007/

Nintendo of America president, Reggie Fils-Amie was featured on the most recent episode of GameHead on Spike TV. While most of the episode is the usual Nintendo PR spin, he gives some information about online Wii gaming in the U.S.; expect online, multiplayer games to be announced in the first quarter of 2007 and to ship in the second quarter.

The episode is available on the GameHead site (that's the best link we could give you through the non-linkable, to-the-max Flash interface). The show even features Reggie bowling virtually and in a real alley.

Q2 still seems like a long time to wait, and our expectations keep rising the longer it takes to deliver a product. Nintendo is already late to the online party; how long will Wii-mail and Mii parades keep us occupied?
There was some belief that Pokemon launching in Japan last week was the official start of online gaming. I'm not sure if it is or not but looks like for the US wii owners will need to wait half the 2007 year before playing online. At lest if brawl is set into the 2nd Quarter time line we can assume its a online play title. Either way, they sure are taking a long time to get this out. Even more so when we know 3rd parties wont have online kits till weeks and weeks after Nintendo.

Old 12-04-2006, 12:48 PM   #2
darren
... lol

Pokemon is out in Japan on the 14th and is online.

Due to the link up with Pearl and Dimond, Pokemon might not be the first US online games as the need to release dimond and pearl first.

i'm betting Smash Bros or Metroid will be the first in the US
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 12:51 PM   #3
Seraph
>:3

I love that video where they are bowling. Just as Reggie throws the ball the other shouts "360!!!".

Eh I can wait for online. Between my 5 Wii games, PSU, and whatever i get for christmas I'll have more than enough to keep me occupied.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 05:31 PM   #4
DBJAY

On a related note, anyone scan through the coming soon section of Ebgames? It lists a good preview of what to expect in 2007. Some of the dates are a little suspect (SMG Apri 1, 07..don't think so), Metroid Prime on June 1, 07, and so on.

I hope Nintendo fleshes out that release schedule a bit more over the next coming few months, because post launch it's looking like the usual Nintendo pattern. Fall - big releases, Jan - Spring - announce delays, summer - token entry.

When the biggest Wii game in 2007 for the 1st 6 months is a DS port (Wario Ware) in Jan, there's a problem. I hope they can keep their momentum going into late 2007.
DBJAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 05:46 PM   #5
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
well we really don't know the release dates after January for most of the games and games coming out after that that aren't Nintendo and a few 3rd party games.

hopefully we will get some info on that soon. I want to know if Hajime No Ippo boxing game will come out over here! I want it!

The PS2 got them out over here, so hopefully we will also.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 01:09 AM   #6
Well Man
Y'all are brutalizing me

I'm thinking a third party will be the first one to go online.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:53 AM   #7
Reality
Sin and Punishment

Sadly according to some past articles 3rd parties wont get online kits till like some 4 weeks after the first online Nintendo game releases. I tired digging up the thread here but looks like its not around anymore since the sever move.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:50 AM   #8
Well Man
Y'all are brutalizing me

Well that is just dumb.

I have no doubt MP3 will be online, but I am not expecting that until the end of 2007, Brawl might be online but I don't see that dropping until may the end of summer 2007.

Maybe Nintendo will drop another Tetris or puzzle title to launch their online games.