The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 08-15-2006, 06:32 AM   #1
Alucard

GIGABYTE and ASUS Joint Venture

I love Gigabyte. I loathe ASUS. You see, ASUS are pretty much the expensive top dog motherboard dev that everyone likes to suck up to, yet to be honest alot of their products are kinda dodgy in some ways. They're the Sony of motherboards. So they piss me off.

Heres a couple quotes from the article...

Quote:
Q: Already there is some misconception in the industry that GIGABYTE and ASUS have merged as a single company. We know this is not true; can you give us a better idea of the exact business deal and business model between the two companies and what each company receives from the arrangement and exactly how the businesses will operate?

A: GIGABYTE still owns the GIGABYTE brand and its various business assets, as does ASUS its own business assets. This is simply a new joint venture (company) between the two companies where GIGABYTE owns the controlling share (51%) while ASUS owns the remainder (49%). This new joint venture will license the GIGABYTE brand from GIGABYTE to produce (through outsourced manufacturing) GIGABYTE branded motherboards and VGA cards ? so all the other GIGABYTE products are not affected by this venture. Most of this production will be outsourced to the GIGABYTE factories that have traditionally produced GIGABYTE motherboards and VGA cards.

In essence, GIGABYTE benefits through a more efficient, design orientated business model while ASUS enjoys profits from both of the world?s top two PC component brands.

Q: When exactly does GIGABYTE and ASUS expect the joint venture arrangements to come into affect and does this mean that both companies will now no longer need to rely on other OEM / ODM companies in Taiwan or China to produce product for you when GIGABYTE or ASUS is already at factory capacity limits?

A: The new joint venture will come into affect on January 1st, 2007 and will outsource most of the manufacture of GIGABYTE branded motherboards and VGA cards to the same GIGABYTE factories that have traditionally produced those products.
http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/934/

To be honest, my brain isnt too savvy with this interview. I dont really understand what exactly the merger is doing if they still seperately create their products and still compete against each other. Theres some monies happening. Definately monies deals... **** off asus.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 08:58 AM   #2
Anthrax

boo. DFI is still my favorite. I just hate their ATI chipset mobos.
Anthrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 09:06 AM   #3
SuperAngelo64
They call me "Derek G. Wop"

I <3 my GIGABYTE mobo.
SuperAngelo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 01:24 PM   #4
Mistatee
Linguistic Massacre

Asus makes good Mobos, but SO does Gigabyte....
Does Gigabyte make any GPUs?
Old 08-15-2006, 08:07 PM   #5
Alucard

Yep they do
Old 08-16-2006, 01:04 AM   #6
Mistatee
Linguistic Massacre

Ok then, Why the **** did they team up just to compete with each other...
Old 08-16-2006, 02:28 AM   #7
Alucard

Its a mystery.
Old 08-16-2006, 03:44 AM   #8
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I will just ask my question here instead of making a new thread, I want to upgrade my Motherboard and CPU, cause I'm sick of what I have now and I want to try a AMD CPU since everyone loves them so much

which would I buy that's pretty good and supports like DDR2 ram and has like 2 PCI-e Slots so I can do Crossfire with 3D cards

I'm sick of my AGP slot and I desperately want to upgrade HELP ME! just link from newegg or something and I will look around here to find them, I found a really good computer store that's only 1 hour or more from me and I can get there after this month all the time so I was going to pick them up there, they have quite a good stuff there for good prices
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 04:33 AM   #9
Alucard

You dont want DDR2 ram. Its too expensive and only for intel boards I think.. Wait till tomorrow and keep an eye on Reality's thread for some ideas!
Old 08-16-2006, 01:00 PM   #10
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
O tay boss lady!
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote