The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 05-09-2019, 12:52 PM   #1
Rubeus

3 New Star Wars Films Will Start Arriving in 2022 (+ other Disney films)

Disney figures out how to destroy a series by milking it so much, Star Wars and now Avatar (it's not even a series yet).

Click for full size

Quote:
3 New Star Wars Films Will Start Arriving in 2022 (and All the Other News Disney Just Dropped)

The Star Wars saga returns in 2022, and it’s sharing some time with Pandora.

Disney just revealed a bunch of new release dates, with the highlight being that three new, yet-to-be-titled Star Wars movies will be released every other December starting in 2022. In the years between, Disney will release new James Cameron Avatar movies, since the company now owns that franchise as well. That starts in 2021, which delays that franchise a year.

The news also includes new release dates for the X-Men spinoff The New Mutants (now April 3, 2020), the Brad Pitt sci-fi film Ad Astra (now September 9 of this year), and the literary adaptation Artemis Fowl, which shifts to May 29, 2020. Also, the studio dated the Cruella de Vil film, likely starring Emma Stone, for Christmas next year.

Conspicuously absent from this news? Anything about Marvel Studios specifically. But those dates have been set for a while. There are “Untitled Marvel” movies coming on May 1, 2020; November 6, 2020; February 12, 2021; May 7, 2021; November 5, 2021; February 18, 2022; May 6, 2022; and July 29, 2022. So far.

So after the release of The Rise of Skywalker, it’ll be three years until we see a new Star Wars movie. Which is probably for the best (plus, there’s quite a bit of TV to focus on). In the meantime, Disney has Steven Spielberg’s West Side Story and Cruella for Christmas 2020, Avatar 2 for 2021, and then a galaxy far, far, away again in 2022.

But wait, there’s more.

Gambit, which was previously on Fox’s release schedule, has been axed. The animated film Spies in Disguise has been bumped to Christmas this year. Call of the Wild, starring Harrison Ford, has been moved to February of next year. Free Guy, the Ryan Reynolds/Shawn Levy video game movie, is coming July 3, 2020. A Bob’s Burgers movie is coming July 17, 2020. (Both were previously announced.) Nimona, based on Noelle Stevenson’s webcomic, has been moved a year to March 3, 2021. That new Indiana Jones project is still scheduled for July 9, 2021, then Christmas looks like this for a few years:
  • December 17, 2021 - Avatar 2
  • December 16, 2022 - Untitled Star Wars
  • December 22, 2023 - Avatar 3
  • December 20, 2024 - Untitled Star Wars
  • December 19, 2025 - Avatar 4
  • December 18, 2026 - Untitled Star Wars
  • December 17, 2027 - Avatar 5

It’s important to note too that there’s no indication these Star Wars films are a new trilogy or any of the previously teased films. They may be, but they may not be either. We’ll have to wait and see.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/3-new-star-w...022-1834584244

Last edited by Rubeus; 05-09-2019 at 04:30 PM.
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 05-09-2019, 01:45 PM   #2
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Well the Disney ones where better than the prequels. Which is about all I can say for them, and I know that's not much.
When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! 'I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?' Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's going to burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm going to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
BlindMaphisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 04:31 PM   #3
Rubeus

See how people became series "fatique" with the performance of the Solo movie last year.
Old 05-10-2019, 11:14 AM   #4
Nem
Smash bro!

Well... hopefully it's the old republic trilogy by the makers of game of thrones.

It's the only thing that can rescue star wars from the terrible trilogy they just made. To think we hoped for it for so long only to get this diahrrea of films. I don't care what they say, these abortions are not canon for me.
I miss the prequels, can you believe it? At least they were fun to watch, even if predictable.
Old 05-10-2019, 11:28 AM   #5
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nem View Post
Well... hopefully it's the old republic trilogy by the makers of game of thrones.
Shit, I didn't even know that was a thing.
When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! 'I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?' Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's going to burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm going to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
Old 05-10-2019, 12:02 PM   #6
Nem
Smash bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindMaphisto View Post
Shit, I didn't even know that was a thing.
Well, don't get too excited. They may just screw that up as well.

Rumors say it will be hundreads of years before episode one. The old republic we know from the games is thousands of years, so... let it to them to screw that up too.

I hope they don't and adapt the actual story of revan. We'll see. At least they can't gut more existing characters.
Old 05-10-2019, 02:22 PM   #7
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Quote:
Well, don't get too excited. They may just screw that up as well.

Rumors say it will be hundreads of years before episode one. The old republic we know from the games is thousands of years, so... let it to them to screw that up too.

I hope they don't and adapt the actual story of revan. We'll see. At least they can't gut more existing characters.
From what I understand the old republic is a certain time in the star wars universe and probably won't follow the Kotor games from back in the day at all. There's actually a lot of content from the Old Republic era. Although if we do end up with a new star wars movie that has a droid that refers to everyone around them as "meat bag" then that would be just dandy by me.
Old 05-10-2019, 09:13 PM   #8
Nem
Smash bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindMaphisto View Post
From what I understand the old republic is a certain time in the star wars universe and probably won't follow the Kotor games from back in the day at all. There's actually a lot of content from the Old Republic era. Although if we do end up with a new star wars movie that has a droid that refers to everyone around them as "meat bag" then that would be just dandy by me.
I actually made a typo there. I would like it if they adapted Revan's story if done properly.

There have been people sugesting that Keanu reeves woukd be perfect for the role cause he looks the part and the personality really (based off swtor).
Old 05-13-2019, 03:34 AM   #9
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

I honestly wish they would work on more backstory movies than continue on with the "main" stories. Last Jedi wasn't terrible, but that vein in the series is starting to get rather dull. There is so much back story in star wars and potential for a more expansive universe that what's offered now.
MarionetteKazuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 06:37 PM   #10
Rubeus

Confirmed the next 3 Star Wars movies from Game of Thrones creators

Quote:
'Game of Thrones' creators' Star Wars movie is coming in 2022

David Benioff and D.B. Weiss will kick off the post-Skywalker era.

There's just one episode left of Game of Thrones and the creators of the HBO phenomenon are looking ahead to a project with an even bigger canvas: Star Wars. Disney CEO Bob Iger said today at the MoffettNathanson Media & Communications Summit the next movie in the franchise (after this year's The Rise of Skywalker) will be from David Benioff and D.B. Weiss.

Disney revealed last week in its updated release schedule that the next three Star Wars movies are scheduled for release in 2022, 2024 and 2026. It emerged last year that Weiss and Benioff will write and produce a series of Star Wars movies that are separate from The Last Jedi director Rian Johnson's trilogy, but this is the first confirmation of a release timeline for their film(s).

Iger said that the three-year gap between Episode 9 and the first Weiss and Benioff movie "was the proper amount of time to not only take a breather and reset, but to really gear up for the next film's release." To help tide you over, there'll be several Star Wars series on the upcoming Disney+ streaming service.

https://www.engadget.com/2019/05/14/...s-disney-2022/
Old 05-14-2019, 11:07 PM   #11
Nem
Smash bro!

Well... the bar is so low after the recent trilogy that they can only do better.
Old 05-17-2019, 02:20 AM   #12
Drunken Savior
El Psy Kongroo!

Quote:
That would be awesome. I'd love to explore the lore outside of the Skywalker shadow.

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote