The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 04-08-2010, 10:39 AM   #1
Zachalmighty
Future Demon King

Starcraft II Collectors Edition Detailed!

http://www.destructoid.com/blizzard-...n-170358.phtml

Quote:
If you're not one for all the extras, you can pick up the standard edition, which Blizzard has confirmed will retail for $59.99. Still no release date, but Blizzard says we can expect that information "in the coming weeks."
So not only do we get to know about the collectors edition but we get information that in a few weeks we'll have a release date. FYI Gamestop has it for a Solid June 2nd release date and I think thats gonna be the release date!!

Old 04-08-2010, 04:35 PM   #2
Alucard

Interested in what the art book will be like.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:02 PM   #3
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
oh god, can't resist! I HATE YOU BLIZZARD! STOP MAKING ME BUY YOUR SHIT!
spider-prime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:12 PM   #4
Northeastmonk

Somehow I'd get this just for the USB drive.

http://www.sk-gaming.com/content/291...ition_revealed

Quote:
"IRVINE, Calif. – April 8, 2010 – Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. announced today that its highly anticipated real-time strategy game, StarCraft® II: Wings of Liberty™, will be available both in a standard edition and in a limited-release Collector's Edition packed with exclusive bonus materials. Players who purchase either edition will be able to play online for no additional fee through the new version of Battle.net®, the premier online gaming destination for Blizzard Entertainment gamers.

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty will be available on DVD-ROM for Windows® XP/Windows Vista®/Windows® 7 and Macintosh®. The standard edition will sell for a suggested retail price of $59.99 and will also be available shortly after release as a download through the online Blizzard Store. The special Collector's Edition package, which is priced at $99.99 and will only be available at retail stores, will include the following bonus items in addition to the game disc:

1) The Art of StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, a 176-page book featuring artwork from the game;
2) An exclusive 2GB USB flash drive replica of Jim Raynor's dog tag, which comes preloaded with the original StarCraft and the StarCraft: Brood War® expansion set;
3) A behind-the-scenes DVD containing over an hour of developer interviews, cinematics with director's commentary, and more;
4) The official StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty soundtrack CD, containing 14 epic tracks from the game along with exclusive bonus tracks;
5) StarCraft comic book issue #0, a prequel to the comic series;
6) A World of Warcraft® mini Thor in-game pet that can be applied to all World of Warcraft characters on a single Battle.net account;
7) Exclusive Battle.net downloadable content, including special portraits for your Battle.net profile, decals to customize your units in-game, and a visually unique version of the terran Thor unit."
I'm wondering if it will be a one time/you better get it now or else type of deal.
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Prod...oduct_ID=77632
Northeastmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:25 PM   #5
Nano Fox
All your WIFI are belong to us!

Location: I fell in love with a woman, but my family didn't like her. (Friend)Your parents? (Me) No, my wife and kids.
I might get the CE version, I've been thinking about it for days. Make a perfect early B-day present.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:59 PM   #6
Starblazer

Is SC2 finally out? I've been waiting for years.
Starblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:35 PM   #7
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
The beta is out to play right now, it's way better than the first but they need to fix some balancing issues first.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:05 AM   #8
spider-prime

oh yah, lots of balancing issues, no matter what, if someone is protoss and they build only void rays, you're screwed no matter what you have.

Zerg doesn't have any Air that can take out Air but mutalisks but they suck!
Old 05-03-2010, 07:51 AM   #9
Zachalmighty
Future Demon King

Mutalisks in a group against other flyers in a group equal, no more flyers in the other group because of splash damage. Sure that damage gets weaker after every jump but considering that by the time you get destroying the second unit that unit is already almost dead and so on and so forth.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:44 PM   #10
Zachalmighty
Future Demon King

This deserved a double post, RELEASE DATE SET BY BLIZZARD IS JULY 27th
Old 05-04-2010, 01:34 AM   #11
spider-prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachalmighty View Post
Mutalisks in a group against other flyers in a group equal, no more flyers in the other group because of splash damage. Sure that damage gets weaker after every jump but considering that by the time you get destroying the second unit that unit is already almost dead and so on and so forth.
we tested that, I even made more mutalisks than my brother's void rays, my mutalisks still lost.

They're just not strong enough defense to withstand the blasts.

we even tried it with my zerg units upgraded and his void rays weren't and they still lost!

they just have too much shields and health. They destroy buildings faster than carriers, 24 of them take out a main command center/hive in 2 secs! while 24 carriers in 6 secs YES I TIMED IT!
Old 05-04-2010, 04:21 AM   #12
zechin
THERE IS NO BATHROOM!

It's because hydralisks aren't as imbalanced as in the original starcraft.
zechin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:48 AM   #13
Zachalmighty
Future Demon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
we tested that, I even made more mutalisks than my brother's void rays, my mutalisks still lost.

They're just not strong enough defense to withstand the blasts.

we even tried it with my zerg units upgraded and his void rays weren't and they still lost!

they just have too much shields and health. They destroy buildings faster than carriers, 24 of them take out a main command center/hive in 2 secs! while 24 carriers in 6 secs YES I TIMED IT!
How about guardians/defenders the mutalisk upgrades?
Old 05-04-2010, 08:57 AM   #14
Daniel4802
That booty too fine

You Starcraft nerds can play the retail versions when it releases July 27th.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:31 PM   #15
spider-prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachalmighty View Post
How about guardians/defenders the mutalisk upgrades?
nope they last a bit longer and take out a few, but they still take them out cause they have to get closer to the void rays and the void rays are already hitting them.

and they're attack speed is too slow compared to the last game.