The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 06-14-2010, 11:35 AM   #1261
Alucard

Always check reviews of any laptop/netbook you plan to buy. You'll see everything from temperatures to battery life.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:15 PM   #1262
darren
... lol

Could have warned u About hp laptops. We have to use them for work. They are crap. Personally I would never buy one
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:21 PM   #1263
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Today I done did got:

Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing - (PS3) - $28

Super Mario Galaxy 2 - $47.

I had a $5 coupon, see, and I decided that I saved $2 from Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing and $3 from Super Mario Galaxy 2. Totally my decision! I could have saved $4 from Super Mario Galaxy 2, but then that would mean I'd only save $1 from Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing and that just didn't seem fair. What are your opinions on this highly controversial subject?

No pictures because I am too lazy.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:42 PM   #1264
NES4EVER
Gibby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
Today I done did got:

Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing - (PS3) - $28

Super Mario Galaxy 2 - $47.

I had a $5 coupon, see, and I decided that I saved $2 from Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing and $3 from Super Mario Galaxy 2. Totally my decision! I could have saved $4 from Super Mario Galaxy 2, but then that would mean I'd only save $1 from Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing and that just didn't seem fair. What are your opinions on this highly controversial subject?

No pictures because I am too lazy.
I think you should have pre-ordered Galaxy 2 from Amazon.. that $20 amazon credit was an amazing deal.

Sega racing is pretty cool, still doesn't measure up to Mario Kart imo but way better than shit like Madagascar Kartz.
PSN ID - GIBBYVA
NES4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 11:51 PM   #1265
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NES4EVA
I think you should have pre-ordered Galaxy 2 from Amazon.. that $20 amazon credit was an amazing deal.
Duly noted. Prepping the time machine now...

Quote:
Sega racing is pretty cool, still doesn't measure up to Mario Kart imo but way better than shit like Madagascar Kartz.
It measures up and more. For one, it doesn't have Mario in it so that is +1 right there. Secondly it seems to have a lot more variety whereas Mario Kart is always very bare bones in the tracks, selectable characters and any extra modes. The only Mario Kart game I actually appreciate is the DS version. Well, the N64 version was pretty good, too.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:55 AM   #1266
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I got the Killzone 2 controller bundle for 50 dollars.

Monster Squad on bluray for 5 dollars!

Best movie ever.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 02:29 AM   #1267
Sinful Sam
gnarf! gnarf!

I bought a few games from Amazon that gave a credit to your next perches. I ended up buying Metroid the Other M for $10.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:04 AM   #1268
NES4EVER
Gibby

Quote:
It measures up and more. For one, it doesn't have Mario in it so that is +1 right there. Secondly it seems to have a lot more variety whereas Mario Kart is always very bare bones in the tracks, selectable characters and any extra modes. The only Mario Kart game I actually appreciate is the DS version. Well, the N64 version was pretty good, too.
You're just a Sega whore so you're obligated to favor the Sonic All-Stars.

Sega has more tracks but a lot of them feel exactly the same (especially the sonic, monkey ball & curien mansion ones) It does have a more varied soundtrack... but.. Mario has a better cast of characters, better power-ups & better weapons.

Plus, I want to break my PS3 everytime "concept of love" track plays on Sega Racing..

Understand.. Under.. Unda.. Understand..Understand.. Under.. Unda.. Understand..Understand.. Under.. Unda.. Understand..

Thats the first thing I unlocked was a new music track for Jet Set courses.
PSN ID - GIBBYVA
Old 06-15-2010, 05:26 AM   #1269
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NES4EVA
Mario has a better cast of characters
Pffft! I hate the Mario universe characters! Granted, some of the ones in the Sega game, like Billy Hatcher, are equally ridiculous. The Sega game seems to have more characters.

Quote:
better power-ups & better weapons.
All seems about the same to me. In fact, it is less infuriating on the Sega game because the items in the Nintendo game are major cheats. Int he Sega game, you must actually be good at racing to win most of the time.

Quote:
Plus, I want to break my PS3 everytime "concept of love" track plays on Sega Racing..
Jet Set Radio has always been plagued by shitty music. I know which song you are talking about and I have raced on a few Jet Set tracks so far, but the music wasn't that loud and I barely noticed the track. I don't even know where to purchase music. I know how to purchase characters and somehow I was able to purchase a new track somewhere, but that's it.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:54 AM   #1270
Soba
:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by NES4EVER View Post

Understand.. Under.. Unda.. Understand..Understand.. Under.. Unda.. Understand..Understand.. Under.. Unda.. Understand..
Quote:
Jet Set Radio has always been plagued by shitty music.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:09 PM   #1271
NES4EVER
Gibby

Quote:
Pffft! I hate the Mario universe characters! Granted, some of the ones in the Sega game, like Billy Hatcher, are equally ridiculous. The Sega game seems to have more characters.

All seems about the same to me. In fact, it is less infuriating on the Sega game because the items in the Nintendo game are major cheats. Int he Sega game, you must actually be good at racing to win most of the time.

Jet Set Radio has always been plagued by shitty music. I know which song you are talking about and I have raced on a few Jet Set tracks so far, but the music wasn't that loud and I barely noticed the track. I don't even know where to purchase music. I know how to purchase characters and somehow I was able to purchase a new track somewhere, but that's it.
Nah.. The All-Star power-up is more of a major cheat than any pickups in Mario. You can easily go from last to first if you get that with some characters.

You buy the music/tracks/characters on the title menu screen under the "shopping" blade.

I like the Sonic game personally, I prolly just like Mario Kart more because of it's familiarity. Namely the boards. The Sonic stages are the only ones I really like a lot on Sega Racing. The Monkey Ball and Samba ones suck.
PSN ID - GIBBYVA
Old 06-15-2010, 05:37 PM   #1272
Joe Redifer
Olé!

The Monkey Ball tracks only suck because of their probability of 90-degree turns. The Samba tracks are really cool. The Sonic tracks are the ones that I kind of find a bit boring. Back when I had the announcer turned on, he'd quip about how some other racer had an All-Star power up and just used it. Nothing seemed to happen. But I think that is more rare than the Blue Shell in Mario Kart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soba
Old 06-15-2010, 06:02 PM   #1273
Einhander
The Risen Graphic Whore E-Penis!

Quote:
Jet Set Radio has always been plagued by shitty music.
Blasphemy!!

Alucard - My only mistake was playing it on the PC.

Joe Redifer - I keep buying this shit because my IQ is in the single digits.
Einhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 06:03 PM   #1274
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Not my fault you like shitty music.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:08 PM   #1275
Einhander
The Risen Graphic Whore E-Penis!

I don't!!

Alucard - My only mistake was playing it on the PC.

Joe Redifer - I keep buying this shit because my IQ is in the single digits.
Einhander is offline   Reply With Quote