The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 07-14-2006, 11:22 AM   #16
Alexander
I speak with codes.

Yeah, this is most likely an exclusive deal.

For Sobakasu.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 02:18 PM   #17
Soba
:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by burpingcat
This is not something open to the general publics. EB and Gamestop regularly trash stuff deemed "unsellable", including old used games from previous generations. GameStop and EB can't bear to lower the price of these items to something reasonable (or they just have way too many copies of Shaq Fu and N64 wrestling games), so they can only think of DESTROYING them.

In this case, Sobakasu, who works/worked at an EB, got to drop in and save some used PC games from being thrown away. The average customer will still look like a jackass for coming into the store saying "i came looking for the free gamez lol".
It wasn't just me. There were other customers that were taking the games as well.
I guess that whether you could take the games or not depended on the type of people working in the stores. It doesn't really matter anymore though, they're all gone by now.
Old 07-17-2006, 02:40 AM   #18
LegendaryU.2.K.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by burpingcat
The average customer will still look like a jackass for coming into the store saying "i came looking for the free gamez lol".
Or the average customer could called ebgames and say " Is ebgames still giving away free pc games ? "

I was a jackass today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander
Yeah, this is most likely an exclusive deal.

For Sobakasu.
I see that now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobakasu
I guess that whether you could take the games or not depended on the type of people working in the stores.
Or the location of the store.

My question now, do ebgames really throw away thier pc games or do they ship them back to the where house?

Because if ebgames is really throwing away pc games, well i think next weekend i will be driving to a few of them , to stop them from throwing them anyway ahah.

If i see something i like anyway. I already own 392 pc games, its only maybe 50 more i am still looking for.
LegendaryU.2.K. is offline   Reply With Quote