Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 06:46 AM   #1637
Icarus4578
Deal with it.

If the shoe fits, wear it, baby!
Old 04-07-2011, 01:34 PM   #1638
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Pier Solar is only $45 and that includes the (slow) shipping. Get it while you can. I think you'd like it, Icarus, just as long as you have some patience in some parts. There is one guy who has gone through it trying to run from every battle he can and has made it over halfway through the game so far and is only at level 3 or 4. There is also a GameFAQs guide up now in case you run into a WTF moment.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:48 PM   #1639
Icarus4578
Deal with it.

Yeah, well, the only problem with that is that RPGs take time and I don't have as much these days. Furthermore, I've stored my Genesis well away so it would be a chore to dig it out and set it up. Let's just say that I'm content with watching a couple of 'preview' videos of new stuff and not even bothering, sadly. Rare is the occassion that I purchase a new game. My Wii and X360 just sit there occupying room (I didn't even purchase them; they were gifts).

I hope you've been doing ok. Sorry if I struggle with my words; I don't quite know what to say. You were always entertaining. In fact I very much doubt that I would've kept up doing all those reviews without your input (and everybody else). Gearhound, Drunken Savior, Seska, Paper, Sinful Sam, and so many others. Man, 110 pages. That's no small feat! Kudos for such dedication.

Things seem to have settled down as far as debating goes; not as many trolls around here as there used to be. Heh, I certainly did some trolling of my own on occasion. All those feuds over Sony vs Nintendo = huge waste of time. Nowadays it's pointless to debate such things. You can find good software everywhere these days: game consoles, portables, PC, phones, etc. It's truly become a mass media industry. Arrrgh, too many choices!
Old 04-07-2011, 05:59 PM   #1640
zechin
THERE IS NO BATHROOM!

That's what she said.
zechin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:14 PM   #1641
Joe Redifer
Olé!

The only excuse for not having enough time is to have a wife and a baby and even then it is still no excuse! I bet you went and got yourself a girlfriend, didn't you? And she always wants to "do things". Tell her to stop that and you'll pay attention to her when you are good and ready! I bet that's what happened to Gearhound.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:46 AM   #1642
Paper exe
Pwnd

THANKS icarus. I love you too! <3 <3 <3

@ Joe. strange. Over here guys are the once who want to "do things" with their women.

Either way some of you people need to learn how to deal with these kind of situation. Make her take care of the baby, make food and make her visit her parents everyday to help them out. And most importantly encourage her or even make her take a job.

Even with my sweet loving innocent heart I cannot stand spending so much time with anyone. Doing so is asking for trouble.
Paper exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 04:30 AM   #1643
Icarus4578
Deal with it.

Joe, it was right after the last generation of consoles that I woke up and realized: If I expended the same amount of money & time this generation as the last, there'd be little free time to do anything else, not to mention a (massive) hole in my wallet.

When you're younger, you have the luxury of having various hobbies, hanging out with friends, doing recreational stuff, leisure time, etc. You can just rush through hardships and pretty much do whatever you want, but time has a way of doing unexpected things so you've gotta stay on your toes; other things begin to take priority in your life.

Paper, you realize that I'm a guy, right? Don't be fooled by my sensual way of typing.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:56 AM   #1644
Alucard

I have stuff all time to play games. I mean it took me almost 3 months to complete mass effect 2. Not having enough time doesnt mean I'm going to stop playing. Just move at a snails pace.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:31 AM   #1645
Havoc2049
64-bit Interactive Multimedia System

I'm married, have friends and other hobbies, work around 50 hours a week and still find time to game. Sometimes it is only 30 minutes a day, sometimes up to three or four hours. It all depends on what commitments I have each day and I also hardly watch any TV.
Havoc2049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:57 PM   #1646
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Not watching TV definitely helps! Anyway, there is no need to delve into the current generation of games. I play far more old school stuff and have much more fun with it than current generation stuff. That doesn't mean that one, maybe two good current-gen games don't come out each year though. Just like movies, the older stuff is usually better.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:54 AM   #1647
Icarus4578
Deal with it.

Alucard & Havoc, let's put it this way. Someone gave me that new Donkey Kong Wii as a gift for Christmas. It's still in its shrink wrap. The most recent game I've played is Mushihimesama Futari but that's a quick playthrough anyway.

Besides working like a madman, I also have to take care of things around the house, my family, etc. Old-school gaming is good but only when it's something that can be played in like 15 minutes or so. Once the new Zelda hits I'll have to make time for that, but that's an exception to the norm (I mean, c'mon, it's Zelda).

Joe, believe me, TV isn't getting in the way of anything -- I don't have time for that either. I'll put on a movie every now and then. Speaking of which, you must acquire Undisputed III: it's great fun all the way through. I think you'd enjoy it. Old-school games are great occasionally; I can still plow through stuff like Super Punch-Out! or Strider. As long as the ride is short and sweet.

Moreso than anything, the gaming industry shot itself in the foot by becoming too mass market, i.e. trying to appeal to everybody. The curse of microtransactions did nothing to cure that perception -- yet another means of milking gamers' wallets. Remember those old ads where they would talk about feeling as though you should be inserting quarters into a slot on your Genesis/SNES? Well, it happened, except now you insert your credit card # and they take $5-10. What kind of rip-off BS is that?

Ah well, I don't need to worry about it since it doesn't affect me.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:01 AM   #1648
Paper exe
Pwnd

Can I suggest having a new family and job?! As the one you currently have clearly suck and have some serious issues.
Paper exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:07 AM   #1649
Alucard

Paper is always correct. He's a judge you know.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:21 AM   #1650
Havoc2049
64-bit Interactive Multimedia System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper exe View Post
Can I suggest having a new family and job?! As the one you currently have clearly suck and have some serious issues.
Too funny!
Havoc2049 is offline   Reply With Quote