The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 08-24-2020, 12:08 AM   #1
Rubeus

The Batman Has Landed With a Brutal, Excellent First Trailer

Click for full size

Quote:
The Batman Has Landed With a Brutal, Excellent First Trailer

It’s raining Batman these days but Robert Pattinson, Zoë Kravitz, Jeffrey Wright, Colin Farrell, John Turturro, Peter Sarsgaard, Andy Serkis, Paul Dano, and Jayme Lawson star in Matt Reeves’ The Batman. And DC Fandome gave us our first legitimate look at the upcoming superhero film in the form of a two-minute teaser trailer.

Everything we’ve seen from The Batman so far has been incredibly dark and the trailer is more of the same. Darker even. Apparently the Riddler has Batman (referred to as “year two Batman” earlier at Fandome) in his sights and this Batman does not mess around. Wait until you see just how intense things are about to get.

And that’s only from 25% of the movie. The rest has yet to be shot.

Among the highlights are the brief glimpses we get of Kravitz as Catwoman, Jeffrey Wright’s stoic, powerful Commission Gordon, a creepy AF Riddler (the guy with the tape), and a Batman who is apparently as violent as we’ve seen the character in a while. He straight fucked that goon up. There’s no other way to say it.

The trailer is simply jampacked with teases and it’s going to give fans lots to digest and discuss in the coming days, weeks, months...years.

The Batman is currently expected to hit theaters October 1, 2021. We also know Reeves’ Bat-verse will be expanded on HBO Max in a Gotham police-focused series. Reeves revealed that that show will take place during “year one” of the Batman journey. So, a prequel to the movie, at least to start. The myth of this masked vigilante is rising and we’ll see it through the eyes of a corrupt police department. There’s no word on when it’ll be released

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-batman-h...-tr-1844807218
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 08-24-2020, 02:10 AM   #2
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Trailer didn't make me excited for it, hopefully its better than what they showed.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 11:14 AM   #3
Nem
Smash bro!

I just can't get excited for what is the 4th character reboot. It's a pass from me. It's just like Spider-man. If they reboot it again i just don't care anymore.
Old 08-24-2020, 10:30 PM   #4
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Spider-man only got rebooted for a 4th time just cause of the deal with Sony and Marvel, the Amazing spider-man 3 would have still came out if they didn't do that deal.

But, apparently, this batman movie is going to be like Joker and it's a one and done deal cause Ben Affleck will still get his batman movie.
Old 08-25-2020, 01:32 AM   #5
Nem
Smash bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
Spider-man only got rebooted for a 4th time just cause of the deal with Sony and Marvel, the Amazing spider-man 3 would have still came out if they didn't do that deal.

But, apparently, this batman movie is going to be like Joker and it's a one and done deal cause Ben Affleck will still get his batman movie.
You sure? Where did you read that? I heard he got replaced.

But, i'd much prefer that if true. I think that with Aquaman, Shazam, wonder woman and flash movies and the Synder cut, i could see the dc cinematic universe finally getting on track.
Actually, i found the snyder cut trailer much more exciting than this movie.
Old 08-25-2020, 02:22 AM   #6
Rubeus

I heard Ben Affleck will only appear in the Flash movie, not the Batman reboot.

https://www.polygon.com/comics/2020/...ash-movie-cast
Old 08-25-2020, 02:47 AM   #7
spider-prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nem View Post
You sure? Where did you read that? I heard he got replaced.

But, i'd much prefer that if true. I think that with Aquaman, Shazam, wonder woman and flash movies and the Synder cut, i could see the dc cinematic universe finally getting on track.
Actually, i found the snyder cut trailer much more exciting than this movie.
thats the reason they did replace him cause Marvel their version of spider-man and not sony's.

and of course he wouldn't be in the batman "reboot", thats supposed to be Year One batman.
Old 08-26-2020, 09:31 PM   #8
Sinful Sam
gnarf! gnarf!

I'm excited for this film. We haven't seen a good Riddler on film. Hopefully they don't go over his origin story much. I'm pretty sure most people know Batman's start.

STEAM: Sinfulsam
PSN: Sinfulsam
Sinful Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 10:39 AM   #9
Rubeus

Covid-Batman!

Quote:
Robert Pattinson Has COVID-19, Halting The Batman Production

Vanity Fair has learned from a well-placed source that the star came down with the virus just days after shooting resumed.

Robert Pattinson is said to have tested positive for the coronavirus, causing filming of The Batman to be halted just days after the superhero drama resumed work at studios outside of London.

Warner Bros. would not comment on any individual worker’s health, sharing only this statement: “A member of The Batman production has tested positive for Covid-19, and is isolating in accordance with established protocols. Filming is temporarily paused.” Vanity Fair confirmed through a highly placed source that Pattinson was the individual who became sick.

The production previously shut down, along with most other entertainment industry work, back in March when the quarantine lockdown first hit.

Pattinson’s representative did not immediately return a request for comment.

In the new movie, directed by Planet of the Apes filmmaker Matt Reeves, Batman is in his second year of vigilantism, and is trying to solve a series of gruesome serial killings. The case causes him to cross paths with Paul Dano’s The Riddler, Zoë Kravitz’s Selina Kyle (before she becomes the criminal Catwoman), and the underworld figure Oswald Cobblepot, nicknamed The Penguin behind his back, played by Colin Farrell.

Jeffrey Wright co-stars as Commissioner James Gordon, Andy Serkis plays Bruce Wayne’s loyal butler Alfred, and John Turturro is the gangster Carmine Falcone.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...an-coronavirus