The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 11-03-2006, 02:56 AM   #1
Alucard

Dragon Age

New PC only rpg from Bioware. It sounds very cool and I'm really looking forward to it.

Quote:
- The story is dark-much darker than the usual BioWare fare-and influenced by "realistic" modern fantasy like George R. R. Martin's A Game of Thrones.
- The game uses an evolved "tactical real-time combat" style of Baldur's Gate, only in 3D-you queue up orders for multiple party members, pause the game when you need to think, and your party members will be able to execute coordinated attacks.
- Large-scale creature combat will have your characters doing stuff like ducking between legs and jumping on backs of monsters (dare we say dragons?).
- Even though Dragon Age isn't a D&D game, per se, BioWare is sticking close to those roots with the class and rules systems.
- The game uses a "modified" version of the Mass Effect conversation system we're all so keen on.
- Depending on the type of character you choose, the game offers multiple different "origin stories"-meaning the first few hours of the game will be totally different depending on which character archetype you choose.
- The game's actually coming out in late 2007 or early 2008.
- Bono makes a surprisingly good mentor.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3154863

Its actually a pretty average screenshot taken from the magazine. Game isnt out till early 2008 so I wouldnt pay too much attention to it.

Last edited by Alucard; 11-03-2006 at 03:01 AM.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 10:42 AM   #2
Chronos
fuggit

I'm a huge bioware rpg whore. I even liked crappy jade empire, and don't get me started on the awesomeness that is Kotor1 and 2. Games of bliss, i tells ya's.

I can't wait to play this on my future rig...I already know it'll kick much ass. SS is horribly pixelated I see what you mean by don't pay attn to it.

Where the hell are those Dx10 cards???

Last edited by Chronos; 11-03-2006 at 10:45 AM.
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 10:48 AM   #3
Alucard

2 weeks my friend. 2 weeks.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 10:54 AM   #4
Chronos
fuggit

*Slams fist on desk*

Ok, composure regained. I will wait.
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 12:21 AM   #5
Decado

Bioware lost it the minute BIS wasn't there to hold their hand anymore. They've mastered the art of bribing reviewers and collecting sheep, though.
Decado is offline   Reply With Quote