The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 12-08-2007, 10:02 PM   #1
Diavle

From PC to DVD Player

Sup,

Whats an easy way to burn a video file from my pc (formats like mpeg, avi, mkv etc) and be able to work it on my (now region free, thanks to Spidey) DVD player?

I heard you have to make menus or something as well? I don't want anything fancy, just want to burn and watch (some may have subtitles, formats .SUB and .SRT).

- Thanks
Diavle is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 11:13 PM   #2
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
the dvd player I told you to get runs DIVX/XVID files from the computer.

So just copy the files to dvd/cds and run them, it will bring up a menu and just select the video file you want.

But some files won't work like if it's too big in resolution or if their codecs are the newest versions, I wish there was a way to update the firmware to it. But only AVI and MPEGs work on it. Widescreen videos work great for it, mostly cause the subtitles from fansubbers are seen easier while on normal res if they placed the subs too low, they will get cut off

But yah, I want a way to put onto DVD myself of MKVs, if it can be done.

ok I think I found one and it's freeware, I'm going to try it when I get some more dvds for me to use.

http://www.brothersoft.com/avi2dvd-45014.html

There is also this that the guys from videohelp.com recommend.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/ConvertXtoDVD
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 05:13 AM   #3
Diavle

Holy shit dude, it works 99% of what I wanted to watch perfectly. It easily looks into folders and sub-folders and recognizes subtitle files (both .SUB and .SRTs).

I was watching this stuff on a 60" Wega and everything looks awesome (even better than on my monitor), no sign of degradation of quality in sight.

I really can't thank you enough for pointing me towards this purchase bro.

P.S. I'm not sure what region DVDs I couldn't work before but they were Russian, they work just fine now. Dunno if Russia belongs to the PAL region or not.
Diavle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 01:14 PM   #4
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I looked up Russian dvds, apparently they do both PAL and NTSC for releases so I guess their TVs can do both.

and no problem I'm glad to help and what files doesn't work, if you have a video converter just either changed them into a DVD or into a different version of the codec. That's what I do sometimes, but I mostly make them into dvds

But the best thing is that since this DVD is hacked by Software, it won't burn out cause most Region free DVD players you can buy out of the box are modded and they get blown sometimes and stop working most of the time but this won't
Old 12-09-2007, 03:11 PM   #5
Kiryu1985
Communist

I bought the same LG player that Spider recommended to Diavle, the source store had like 20 in stock here in Edmonton.

I have to say its pretty awesome, plays all my music and majority of video files fine, at first I though it was Region free out of the box because it could play Russian movies no problem, but then I tried a bunch of Chinese movies which needed that patch to switch regions.

Now I can play anything without a problem, it even doesn't skip during dual layer movies when switching layers on the dvd.

canadians helping canadians, thanks!
Old 12-09-2007, 03:39 PM   #6
spider-prime

If we don't stick together, the evil americans will take us over!