The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 06-26-2017, 02:40 PM   #1
Drunken Savior

SNES Classic 9/29 (includes Starfox 2. You heard me)

http://www.nintendo.com/super-nes-classic

Games Included
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • F-Zero
  • Super Metroid
  • Star Fox 2 (previously unreleased)
  • Street Fighter II Turbo
  • Super Punch Out!!
  • Castlevania IV
  • Donkey Kong Country
  • Mega Man X
  • Kirby Super Star
  • Final Fantasy III
  • Kirby's Dream Course
  • Star Fox
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Super mario RPG
  • Contra III
  • Secret of Mana
  • EarthBound
  • Super Ghouls & Ghosts

GET READY TO BE DISAPPOINTED WHEN YOU CAN'T BUY ONE!

Oh, but I'm sure they learned their lesson this time!

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 03:19 PM   #2
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
oh for fuck sakes, they better have made enough for most people. Star Fox 2 is now the main reason for wanting it, since this will be the first official release of it, but it will probably be on the switch virtual console later tho.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 04:21 PM   #3
Rubeus

Even fewer games than NES Classic? That's disappointing.

Click for full size

Maybe you should get the Genesis Flashback Console instead, comes with 85 games at the same price.

http://in.ign.com/sega-genesis-class...es-cartridge-s

Click for full size
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 04:26 PM   #4
Hagane
Unlucky dog

Bah! Pilotwings, Final Fantasy II and Chrono Trigger deserved to be included.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 04:51 PM   #5
bujeezus

Holy shit. That's pretty much my list of what I wanted on it, minus FF II and Chrono Trigger.
Old 06-26-2017, 05:56 PM   #6
Hagane
Unlucky dog

Also Tetris Attack.

But it's understanding, all those games together must be like 64 gb and it's no like any system can run those games like for the 3ds it was a titanic task that couldn't handle.

And what about the pads?

Will you be able to take more than 2 steps away from the console?
Old 06-26-2017, 08:05 PM   #7
Rubeus

Why would they? If you look at ROM dumps all the SNES games are less than 8MB, the biggest is Star Ocean at 6.5MB. Nintendo can totally include the entire SNES library into the SNES Classic if they want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagane View Post
Also Tetris Attack.

But it's understanding, all those games together must be like 64 gb and it's no like any system can run those games like for the 3ds it was a titanic task that couldn't handle.

And what about the pads?

Will you be able to take more than 2 steps away from the console?
Old 06-27-2017, 02:19 PM   #8
Hagane
Unlucky dog

Sarcasm?
Old 06-27-2017, 05:48 PM   #9
Rubeus

So go on sale from Sep 29 to end of year.

Quote:
Nintendo swears the SNES Classic won't sell out so quickly -- Just don't expect it to ship the retro console after 2017.

Nintendo's sales strategy for the NES Classic Edition was frustrating, to put it mildly. It shipped so few systems that they sold out almost immediately, and killed the product despite loads of pent-up demand. Will it learn from its mistakes now that the SNES Classic is on its way? Apparently, the answer is yes... maybe. The gaming giant has put out a statement (you can read it below) promising that it'll ship "significantly more" SNES Classics than it did last year's retro console. It's not divulging numbers (that would be spilling trade secrets), but this suggests you might not have to pre-order right away to bring one home. However, you probably don't want to get your hopes up just yet.

The company adds that it's currently planning to ship the SNES Classic only between its September 29th launch and the end of 2017 -- there's "nothing to announce" about shipments in 2018. This doesn't rule out further production runs, but it risks creating a frenzy as people buy either out of panic or to flip systems on eBay for a tidy profit.

And while it's understandable that Nintendo wouldn't provide shipping numbers, the lack of concrete info isn't very reassuring. Will Nintendo accurately forecast demand, or will this just delay shortages for a hot minute? Based on early buzz, the SNES Classic is already poised to sell like hotcakes -- unless there's a truly huge increase in production, there's no guarantee that you'll get one just by waltzing into a store on release day.

At least the machine itself will tackle some problems from last year. Nintendo says the SNES Classic's controllers will use 5-foot cables, or a full 2 feet longer than what you saw with its NES predecessor. You might not have to buy extenders (or sit right in front of your TV) to indulge your nostalgic side.

"We aren't providing specific numbers, but we will produce significantly more units of Super NES Classic Edition than we did of NES Classic Edition.

"Super Nintendo Entertainment System: Super NES Classic Edition is currently planned to ship from Sept. 29 until the end of calendar year 2017. At this time, we have nothing to announce regarding any possible shipments beyond this year."

https://www.engadget.com/2017/06/26/...sic-shortages/
Old 06-27-2017, 06:08 PM   #10
Hagane
Unlucky dog

Right, guess the stock will last until they crackdown it down and they'll be able to put the whole library in there.
Old 06-27-2017, 07:04 PM   #11
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
They still won't make enough, I know this! Cause of the NES classic, scalpers and everyone who actually does want one to play/collection will try extremely hard to get it, cause like the early amiibos and NES classic, people figured they would keep making them and didn't want it.... till they heard you couldn't always buy them, that's when the craze started with both of them and Nintendo is admitting that they will stop selling it too after the year is done, so people have a time limit to get one still.

They could make 2 million units on launch for it and I bet you it will still sell out within the day.

That's why I have one already preordered from amazon Germany, since it's the same thing but without the NA look to it of the purple and gray.
Old 06-27-2017, 07:22 PM   #12
Drunken Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubeus View Post
Nintendo swears the SNES Classic won't sell out so quickly

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 04:48 PM   #13
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

Well, seeing as the European preorders sold out in seconds, i do not hold out hope of getting one. Especially since I read an article where Nintendo stated they are making these at least until the end of the year.

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 10:08 AM   #14
Rubeus

I wonder if stores like Best Buy and Walmart will leave a batch for walk-in customers?
Old 06-30-2017, 03:20 PM   #15
spider-prime

there will be, but lets just hope that number is higher than 2 per store.