The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 10-15-2021, 02:04 PM   #1
Rubeus

Disney+ Adding Anime to Global Streaming Catalogue

Good, I was concerned it's lacking variety.

Click for full size

Quote:
Disney+ Adding Anime to Global Streaming Catalogue

The Disney+ streaming service is adding a number of anime series to its upcoming roster. These include Tatami Time Machine Blues, Black Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall, and Summer Time Rendering. The upcoming Twisted Wonderland anime adaptation, based on the mobile game of the same name, will also air exclusively on Disney+. No specific global release window has been specified for these new titles.

Tatami Time Machine Blues is a sequel to Science SARUís 2010 series The Tatami Galaxy, with many members of the original cast reprising their roles. Black Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall follows a 2012 anime series revolving around the titular character, though the series will take place in its own unique universe. Summer Time Rendering is an adaptation of one of the most popular manga titles on the Shonen Jump+ app, with the series pulling in over 130 million page views.

Mobile game Twisted Wonderland launched in Japan in March 2020, with all scenarios and character designs handled by Black Butler creator Yana Toboso. The game centers around new characters inspired by Disney villains. No additional details on the project have been revealed.

Disney+ initially launched in November 2019, with over 10 million subscribers on its first day. As of May 2021, it was the third most subscribed streaming service behind Netflix and Amazon Prime Video, with over 116 million subscribers. The service costs $8 monthly or $80 for a one-year subscription.

https://www.siliconera.com/disney-ad...ing-catalogue/
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 11:32 PM   #2
Nem
Smash bro!

Well... from when i was subbed it did indeed lack variety. It was just Disney movies/cartoons and Discovery documentaries. Most movies everyone already watched on cinema and they tend to all be the same type of family friendly emtertainment and there really weren't that many documentaries.
I don't know if they added fox stuff now. That might give it more variety.

Even with that i still think it's not worth more than a month of sub.

It's why i tend to prefer Netflix. They got a huge variety of things to watch. They are not locked to only one property which is made available in cinemas.