The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 10-17-2018, 07:31 AM   #1
Rubeus

Someone Used Deep Learning AI to Perfectly Insert Harrison Ford Into Solo: Star Wars

Maybe they can consider making a full length movie using this?

Quote:
Someone Used a Deep Learning AI to Perfectly Insert Harrison Ford Into Solo: A Star Wars Story

Who’s scruffy-looking?

Casting anyone other than Harrison Ford in the role of Han Solo just feels like sacrilege, but since Ford is now 76 years old, playing a younger version of himself would be all but impossible. Or at least impossible if you rely on the standard Hollywood de-aging tricks like makeup and CG. Artificial intelligence, it turns out, does a pretty amazing job at putting Ford back into the role of Solo.

The YouTube channel “derpfakes” has been posting videos that demonstrate the impressive, and at times frightening, capabilities of image processing using artificial intelligence. Using a process called deep learning, an AI analyzes a large collection of photos of a given person, creating a comprehensive database of them in any almost any position and pose. It then uses that database to intelligently perform an automatic face replacement on a source clip, in this case replacing actor Alden Ehrenreich’s face with Harrison Ford’s.

As we’ve seen before, like when deep learning was used to erase actor Henry Cavill’s Justice League mustache, the results are not only good, they’re actually better than the visual trickery that Hollywood visual effects studios are capable of.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/someone-used...har-1829780697
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 09:45 AM   #2
Reality
Sin and Punishment

I just watched this movie last night. Man the casting for this film was...odd. There were so many times I was watching Alden Ehrenreich and forgot he was playing Han. It was like I was watching someone new. Donald Glover did a good Lando though maybe he is a little to young for the time period. Apart from that I don't know remember the names to any other character besides Chewy.

Oh and the musical score was bland. Such a wasted opportunity to write something that would be remember as Solo's Theme.