The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 03-22-2020, 12:06 AM   #1
Rubeus

Sega launches 60th anniversary website, Segata Sanshiro-related announcement teased

Quote:
Sega launches 60th anniversary website, Segata Sanshiro-related announcement teased for March 25

Sega Saturn judo fighter mascot staging a return?

Sega has launched a teaser website for its 60th anniversary, which it will celebrate on June 3 this year. The company was established on June 3, 1960.

The teaser website was discovered via a QR code included in a photo of a judo uniform posted by Sega Japan on Twitter today.

The QR code links to http://60th.sega.com/segashiro, which features a man in a judo uniform reminiscent of Segata Sanshiro, a fictional character created by Sega to advertise Sega Saturn in Japan between 1997 and 1998. The page is titled “Sega 60th Anniversary Ambassador, Emergence on 3/25.” The text reads, “Six days until emergence.”

By visiting the parent website, simply 60th.sega.com, the following message appears:

The message reads:
Hello!! SEGA FANS

Ah! So you’ve come to this page.

You must really like Sega!?

Please wait a little longer until the site is open. ♪
As noted by DualShockers (thanks for the tip), Sega generally holds Sega Fes around the end of March to mid-April, which has hosted announcements such as Sakura Wars for PlayStation 4, the Shenmue I & II collection, and more. Sega has not announced a Sega Fes for 2020 and is unlikely to do so (at least for its usual window) given the impact of the novel coronavirus COVID-19, so it is possible any announcements it may have been planning for such an event could come digitally in celebration of its 60th anniversary.

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/03/sega...d-for-march-25
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 03-22-2020, 09:54 AM   #2
Nem
Smash bro!

Man... i really want a Saturn mini with Panzer dragoon saga. My old one is all screwy.

With that said, given past interviews, it didn't sound like they were ready for it.
Old 03-23-2020, 03:27 AM   #3
bujeezus

If they just put all 3 Panzer Dragoon games on it, I'd buy a Saturn mini.
Old 03-23-2020, 03:32 AM   #4
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I would love a Saturn mini, only sega system I never bought.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 09:31 AM   #5
Nem
Smash bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujeezus View Post
If they just put all 3 Panzer Dragoon games on it, I'd buy a Saturn mini.
Well, i was trying to keep expectations low. But i would like to have all 3 Panzer dragoons, Sonic R, Jam, 3D, Nights, Burning Rangers, Virtual On, Daytona, Sega rally, Touring car championship, Guardian Forces, Clockwork Knight, shining the Holy Ark, Dragon Force, Fighters Megamix, Baku Baku, Dark Savior and a fully localised Shining force 3 with all 3 parts. Hmm wouldn't be bad to have cyber speedway and Golden Axe the duel.

That's the dream. xD