The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Sony Discussion

Old 03-22-2020, 12:01 AM   #1
Rubeus

Sony pulls Super Mario from Dreams after Nintendo complaint

Quote:

Sony pulls Super Mario from Dreams after Nintendo complaint

Nightmare.

Sony has pulled a popular Super Mario character model from PlayStation 4 game Dreams after a complaint from Nintendo.

As spotted by GoNintendo, Dreams creator PieceOfCraft took to Twitter to reveal "Mario projects in Dreams are on hold" after their Super Mario, used by many user-generated Super Mario levels, was pulled offline.

PieceOfCraft went on to say they received an email from Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe that stated Nintendo had objected to their use of the Super Mario intellectual property in Dreams.

PieceOfCraft said they can no longer edit the original creation, which is flagged as removed because it contains copyrighted material, and other Dreams players will not be able to find or use it. "It's kinda like a slap on the wrist," they said.

Nintendo's action doesn't come as a huge surprise, given the company's record when it comes to taking down unofficial Nintendo IP-related content. But it highlights an issue Dreams inevitably runs up against: the game is packed with content from non-Sony intellectual property, from rival video games to movies to cartoon characters. Sony's moderators will be busy, then.

At the time of publication, Dreams creations that use PieceOfCraft's Super Mario remain online. Super Mario 64 HD, by Dreams player Yoru Tamashi, for example, is alive and kicking with 11,394 plays. Super Mario Infinity [Demo], by SilverDragon-x-, is also up with 72,549 plays.

As for PieceOfCraft, it sounds like they have a plan B of some kind.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...endo-complaint
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 03-22-2020, 09:50 AM   #2
Nem
Smash bro!

I think it's obvious that would happen looking at the video.

No way would Nintendo allow such a decent looking Mario game on Playstation (even though it's obviously nowhere near the real thing).
Old 03-23-2020, 01:28 AM   #3
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
personally, I call BS on him, I think he just wanted attention from when Nintendo got it taken down. You can't be into gaming without knowing Nintendo hates this shit and will shut it down. Look at how much they hate Youtubers playing their games!
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 09:25 AM   #4
Nem
Smash bro!

They have to do it as well cause of the dumb US law that says that if they don't do it, then anyone else can do the same. AKA they are forced to aggressively defend their IP.

It's honestly a miracle SEGA is so cool with Sonic.