Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Microsoft Discussion

Old 03-12-2020, 12:07 AM   #1
Rubeus

The Xbox E3 event will still happen, just online

Click for full size

Quote:
The Xbox E3 event will still happen, just online

E3 2020 is officially canceled.

E3, the most high-profile conference in the multibillion-dollar business of video games, has been canceled this year, but that doesn't mean the industry is going to stop altogether. Instead of hosting a massive stage show at the Microsoft Theater in downtown Los Angeles this summer, the Xbox team is moving the conference online.

Xbox head Phil Spencer shared the news about Microsoft's digital showcase on Twitter, just minutes after the Entertainment Software Association announced the cancelation of E3.

"E3 has always been an important moment for Team Xbox," he wrote. "Given this decision, this year we'll celebrate the next generation of gaming with the @Xbox community and all who love to play via an Xbox digital event. Details on timing and more in the coming weeks."

https://www.engadget.com/2020/03/11/...digital-event/
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 03-12-2020, 09:59 AM   #2
Nem
Smash bro!

Yeah, i figured. Not enough time to organise a live event now.

I imagine Sony will be doing the same with the ps5.
Old 03-12-2020, 10:17 AM   #3
Rubeus

No one would attend the live event anyway....
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 01:15 PM   #4
Nem
Smash bro!

During the summer the covid hysteria will calm down. In truth i doubt E3 really needed to be cancelled, but due to the uncertainty of the markets and risks associated, they are going with the mindset of better safe than sorry. I do think that there were other reasons that motivated the cancellation.

But, it might return in the winter. So, an event to happen would have to be in august and there's just not enough time for that now. I guess they will be at gamescom though, so there's that.
They had already planned things for E3 though so they will just do the direct video of that presentation and keep to the plan.

The big question is Sony actually. I bet they were planning an event, but things put a dent on their plans. So, i am expecting them to just do a video presentation as well.