The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 06-03-2002, 11:48 AM   #1
ATMA
Gamer junkie

Thumbs up Anime Lounge!!

HI there Anime fans!I made this thread especially dedicated to Anime fans,here we can talk anime,share knowledge of anime ect ect ect!
So feel free to post some Anime stuff
like what's the last anime you saw,what's the best anime you saw,or if you have a question or anything maybe there are some members of this forum who might know more about it,or a top5 anime of all time,anything about anime feel free to post!

Recently i saw this anime Metropolis!I was blown away by the details kinda reminded me of AKIRA!
It was written and screen played by KATSUHIRO OTOMO (For those who doesn't know who this guy is let me refresh your memory: AKIRA!!)So perhaps that's the reason why it reminded me alot of AKIRA!Anyway the story was okay!But the thing that realy amazed me was the details and the design the city sure felled alive and everything was moving it's just amazing!!

Anybody here saw LAIN??!!

Old 06-03-2002, 02:12 PM   #2
Black Sugar
put some sugar on top...

I've been pretty busy lately, I didn't had much free time to wacht like i used too.

But I did see the whole serie of Cowboy Bebop. He can be easily be compare to Neon Gensis Evangelion in term of animation quality. The story isn't as intense, but the main characters are intriguing enboug to keep you hook until the last episode.

Also wacht the new Vampire Hunter D. Again, the animation is amazing (no surprise there), but, damn, those actors are boring as hell.

I didn't wacht Lain yet, but i'm about to get it as soon as I can.
Black Sugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 02:41 PM   #3
ATMA
Gamer junkie

How do you watch your ANIME?

I always watch anime with subtitles and leave the anime in jap!!It's better for learning the jap language and plus i find the voice acting prety lame, it's like they took something away!But i always leave mine in jap!Man don't even talk about neon genesis evangelion that serie was sooooo sweet,I just love the way they kinda use alot of bible stuff but kept it in their own version,that was realy amazing!And the character designs are wild!That's why i'm also looking foward for .HACK
got the same artist!
I'm still looking for the final 2 movies,there is the place where the story of neon genesis evangelion ends!But i heard the movies had prety lame ending!Cowboy bebop is also prety good,Have you seen Trigun?Also a great story!Anyone here allready seen spirited away?And i'm sure you will like LAIN it got sooo much hectic scenes and stuff where you are just gonna say i have to watch this serie again!!
Old 06-03-2002, 03:33 PM   #4
Black Sugar
put some sugar on top...

Oh, I never wacht dub anime, i hate that. Sub are the way to go

I did see Vampire hunter D (Dub version) cause my friends.

I saw the 2 final movies of Evangelion (euhhh..about 3 yrs ago ..damn..that long already..!).

The first movie is a recap of the whole season with some in-between situation we didn't see in the originale such as why Asuka hates Shinji that much.

I won't say much.

As for the second movie, this is a alternate ending that japanese fans keep asking about. Keep in mind that the real endiing was indeed the last episode you saw (episode 26 i think)

Those who told you that the ending was lame didn't understood a thing about EVA.

Trigun, I only see five episodes. Must go rent it .
Old 06-03-2002, 03:46 PM   #5
ATMA
Gamer junkie

Thanks for the info

Thanks for the info of Neon Genesis Evangelion! Even though people say that the movies sucks i still want to watch them so basicaly it ends at episode 26!Wow ..well okay than!
That serie is sooo cool!Trigun is prety awesome,but if you really want something that makes you think alot and kinda goes realy phylosophy on your mind ..LAIN is the serie you need to watch next!

Present day .....present time ..hahahahahahahahaha
*ahem* something from LAIN!!*teehee*
Old 06-03-2002, 04:32 PM   #6
typexig
-Drifter-

sup anime fan..=)..yeah EVA, was a great series. i saw the whole series in like 2 days..haha..once i saw the first episode, i was hooked right away, and didnt stop watching it...haha..as for trigun, also an awesome anime. i also saw the whole series of this in less than 2 days..hehe..those two anime has great storyline that makes you want to watch it nonestop..as for the two movies of EVA.. yeah theyre just the alternative ending of the series.. cuz like the many people in jap, didnt like the ending to the series...Have you guys seen Eria or Armmatage III?..theyre also a great anime movie, IMO..=)

-Xig-

-drifter-
typexig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 04:36 PM   #7
typexig
-Drifter-

have you guys seen Jin-Roh?

-Xig-

-drifter-
Old 06-03-2002, 04:45 PM   #8
Black Sugar
put some sugar on top...

I love those deep phylosolical anime, I'll give it a try.
as for Ji-Roh, nah, not yet.

I'm the type of guy who rent a bunch of anime all in the same time, so Jin-Roh ison my next list also.
Old 06-04-2002, 10:03 AM   #9
ATMA
Gamer junkie

Armmatage yeah i think i saw that one a time ago
and anybody know the status of Ghost in the shell 2 cause i've been hearing for a loooong time they are working on it but still haven't seen a thing or heard something from it?!
Old 06-04-2002, 01:06 PM   #10
WINDJAMMERS

I watch dubs. I really don't notice that the voices suck; I just don't want to have to read the whole script.

I will read sub-titles for Kung-Fu movies, because dubs takes away from overall experience.
Old 06-04-2002, 06:27 PM   #11
typexig
-Drifter-

i also loved Ghost in the Shell..ohh what bout Ninja Scroll.. that movie was tight!!!... =)

-Xig-

-drifter-
Old 06-05-2002, 08:46 AM   #12
ATMA
Gamer junkie

Ninja time!!

Anime is the best place to make those kind of Ninja movies but yet there's not alot of Ninja movies that can be compared to Ninja scroll..
I'm telling you Ninja scroll is one of my favourite movie of all time!I love the character designs especially ..uhm crap i forgot his name.. the skinny guy that can move through shadow,uhm his name starts with "shin" i guess!!And ofcourse the blind demon, the fight when they were running through the woods was soooooooooo sweet!!
And i just love how the story fits in eachother
like fight poison with poison,and how the old man kinda predict everything,simply a master piece!
I hope sometime soon we can get another great Ninja story!!
Old 06-05-2002, 09:06 AM   #13
Black Sugar
put some sugar on top...

I personally prefers Samurai oriented anime such as "The Hakkenden"and my all time favorite Rurounin Keshin (Samurai X in US).

Nobody notice how Baiken and Keshin bare some ressemblance when they talk?

Last edited by Black Sugar; 06-05-2002 at 11:12 AM.
Old 06-05-2002, 11:11 AM   #14
ATMA
Gamer junkie

Orooooooooooo ??

I only saw some of the episode,the one with alot of humour in it!There's also a more serious serie and the motion picture.right?But i don't like the one where he's drawn differently kinda like more adult look it doesn't fit his style!
i like Rurourin kenshin the way he was in the serie!And that guy with the big sword!
nice serie that Samurai X ..
-BATOUSAI-
Old 06-05-2002, 11:24 AM   #15
Black Sugar
put some sugar on top...

The motion picture was actually a OAV who tell the story on how Keshin became the Batousai and how he get the "X" mark on his cheek.

They change the character designer to give a more serious tone to the story. and I believe that this kind of art direction was more appropriate .

If you never saw it , I truly recommend. This one of the most beautiful and tragic story I ever seen.

The TV series is quite funny, until Saito come in, this where the Keshin episode truly shine and get a little bit more serious.

Last edited by Black Sugar; 06-06-2002 at 11:47 AM.