The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 09-28-2018, 01:22 AM   #1
Rubeus

Dark Phoenix Movie Trailer: The X-Men's Latest Nemesis Is Within Their Own Ranks

Wonder how the movie will be like if they use the older generation characters like Famke Janssen?

Quote:
Dark Phoenix Movie Trailer: The X-Men's Latest Nemesis Is Within Their Own Ranks
"They can't begin to comprehend what you are."

The first trailer for Dark Phoenix is here. The movie is the latest entry in the X-Men series, and tells the classic story from Marvel's comic books. It stars Sophie Turner, Jessica Chastain, James McAvoy, and Jennifer Lawrence and arrives in February.

In the first trailer, we see how Jean Grey (Turner) came to find herself at Xavier's school and how her powers were uncontrollable. Charles Xavier did what he could to help Grey with her growing mutant abilities, but it all unravels in this new movie, and she's become powerful enough to take on the X-Men alone. Check it out above.

Dark Phoenix is directed by Simon Kinberg, who will make his directing debut after years as a writer and producer on X-Men movies. The cast also includes Michael Fassbender, Tye Sheridan, Olivia Munn, Alexandra Shipp, and Kodi Smit-Mcphee. Dark Phoenix was originally set to hit theaters in November, but in March it was pushed back, along with the much-delayed X-Men spin-off New Mutants.

Dark Phoenix and New Mutants, which now arrives in August 2019, will most likely be the last X-Men movies that are separate to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It is expected the the upcoming purchase of Fox's entertainment assets by Disney will integrate the X-Men characters in the MCU.

In a recent interview, Disney CEO Bob Iger stated that Marvel Studios boss Kevin Feige could take charge of the X-Universe as well. "I think it only makes sense," Iger said. "I want to be careful here because of what's been communicated to the Fox folks, but I think they know. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels."

Dark Phoenix comes to theaters on February 14.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/da.../1100-6462057/
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 02:48 PM   #2
thaliadaniels

I can't wait to watch this.
thaliadaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 07:15 PM   #3
Nem
Smash bro!

I don't think it will be great... we'll see. If they made an adaptation of the source material, it would be worth it, but since it's just gonna be another realistic take on it, it will just be last stand all over again.

Mind, i didn't dislike last stand, but it feels repetitive.

I just hope that in the end we see thanos holding this x-men universe in his hand and snaps it out of existance in order to usher in the renewed X-men in the MCU.

Don't get me wrong though, i'm happy with what 20th century fox gave us. I enjoyed all of the movies, but it's time for them to be reborn into the MCU properly and co-exist with the rest of the marvel universe.
Old 09-30-2018, 11:42 AM   #4
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

Looks terrible and they delayed it.

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote