The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 09-14-2019, 02:58 AM   #1
Rubeus

Final Fantasy VII Remake TGS 2019 Sony Special Stage gameplay + new footage

Quote:
Final Fantasy VII Remake TGS 2019 Sony Special Stage gameplay

20-plus minutes of new footage.

Square Enix debuted 20-plus minutes of new footage of Final Fantasy VII Remake during a special stage event held at the Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Asia booth on the third day of Tokyo Game Show 2019.

Here is a recap of information shared during the event, via Square Enix:
We got a glimpse at both “Easy” and “Normal” modes from the in-game option menus, and producer Yoshinori Kitase then showed us a new combat mode, named “Classic Mode.”

In the original Final Fantasy VII, you would wait around until the ATB Gauge fills up, and then select a move to initiate your attack. With Classic Mode in Final Fantasy VII Remake the team have re-created the same style of play!

In standard modes, the ATB Gauge fills up by repeatedly attacking your enemy, but in Classic Mode this aspect of gameplay is handled automatically. The player does not need to do anything and the character fights automatically, charging up their ATB Gauge.

So anyone playing Final Fantasy VII Remake in Classic Mode does not have to worry about the action side of the combat system, and can instead focus on selecting commands, making it possible to play Final Fantasy VII Remake as if it were a classic menu-based RPG!

After showing off combat in Final Fantasy VII Remake, Kitase-san introduced one of the elements we first saw in the Final Fantasy VII Remake TGS Trailer a few days ago—the Squats mini-game, and our presenter did an amazing job of playing!

Finally, we got a closer look at one of the boss fights in the game. In this segment we saw Cloud, Tifa and Aerith take on Aps in the sewers of Midgar.

Aerith’s standard attacks are long-ranged, and pressing the Triangle button uses her unique character ability “Tempest”. Her Holy Circle ability creates an area in the battlefield, and any spell used within the area is cast repeatedly.

During this boss battle, Cloud had the Ifrit Summon Materia equipped. And because of this, Cloud’s attacks caused his Summon Gauge to eventually fill up completely over time..

With a filled Summon, we saw Cloud summon Ifrit, who remained on the battlefield.

Summons are typically controlled by the AI, but we saw Cloud spend his ATB charges to make Ifrit use his unique abilities, such as Flare Burst and Crimson Dive!

Ifrit remained on the battlefield fighting until Cloud’s Summon Gauge depleted, at which point Ifrit unleashed his ultimate attack: Hellfire!

Each character can equip up to one Summon Materia each, and while playing Final Fantasy VII Remake it’ll be up to the player to decide which Summon to equip, depending on the battlefield and enemy!
Final Fantasy VII Remake is due out for PlayStation 4 on March 3, 2020.

https://gematsu.com/2019/09/final-fa...stage-gameplay
TGS Official Trailer

Last edited by Rubeus; 09-16-2019 at 01:18 AM.
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 09-14-2019, 08:21 AM   #2
Nem
Smash bro!

Well... still looking awesome aside from the part where it's been chopped into multiple games.
Old 09-15-2019, 06:00 AM   #3
Ernst

Really excited for this - although I should know better than to get excited for anything Square does these days.
Ernst is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 05:30 PM   #4
RYU

EP1 just 5 hours from original FF7,they will milk FF7 just for $$$.
Old 09-15-2019, 08:50 PM   #5
Rubeus

Well the remake adds tons of stuffs to extend the play time, I'd say this should have at least 30 hours of gameplay. I remember the producer said there will be a lot of stuffs to explore that you have never seen before in the original game.
Old 09-15-2019, 09:01 PM   #6
Nem
Smash bro!

But therein lies the problem. The pacing of FF7 is part of it's sucess. It's being torn off and it's getting what, let's admit, will be filler into it.

The game looks awesome, but will it be able to live up to the excelence of the original? Especially with the upcoming cliffhanger ending, I have my doubts. This will definitly be a different experience. For better or worse.

Wich sucks tbh. I can't play the original anymore. I tried. Too many emotions from my childhood come out, i can't stand it. Happens when you move to a different country. I don't like those nostalgic feelings that make me question my decision.

Last edited by Nem; 09-16-2019 at 12:36 PM.
Nem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 01:17 AM   #7
Rubeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubeus View Post

We got a glimpse at both “Easy” and “Normal” modes from the in-game option menus, and producer Yoshinori Kitase then showed us a new combat mode, named “Classic Mode.”

In the original Final Fantasy VII, you would wait around until the ATB Gauge fills up, and then select a move to initiate your attack. With Classic Mode in Final Fantasy VII Remake the team have re-created the same style of play!

In standard modes, the ATB Gauge fills up by repeatedly attacking your enemy, but in Classic Mode this aspect of gameplay is handled automatically. The player does not need to do anything and the character fights automatically, charging up their ATB Gauge.

So anyone playing Final Fantasy VII Remake in Classic Mode does not have to worry about the action side of the combat system, and can instead focus on selecting commands, making it possible to play Final Fantasy VII Remake as if it were a classic menu-based RPG!

Not sure if anyone missed reading this, but the game does have a new Classic Mode which plays like the original ATB command based battle system, it seems to be a good news for people who don't like the action combat.

Last edited by Rubeus; 09-16-2019 at 03:20 PM.
Old 09-16-2019, 12:37 PM   #8
Nem
Smash bro!

Quote:
Not sure if anyone missed reading this, but the game does have a new Classic Mode which plays like the original ATB command based battle system, it seems to be a good new for people who don't like the action combat.
Yeah, i definitely liked that.
Old 09-16-2019, 03:33 PM   #9
RYU

Quote:
Not sure if anyone missed reading this, but the game does have a new Classic Mode which plays like the original ATB command based battle system, it seems to be a good news for people who don't like the action combat.
already is there in FFXV and its not good to play.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:28 PM   #10
Nem
Smash bro!

I think this is a very different game than "hold the button" FFXV. There are more commands to use.

We will see how it turns out.