The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 09-12-2019, 11:54 AM   #1
Rubeus

Castlevania: Grimoire of Souls TGS 2019 trailer

Looks interesting, maybe it will get a Switch port at some point?

Quote:
Castlevania: Grimoire of Souls TGS 2019 trailer

Latest look at the new Castlevania game for smartphones.

Konami has released the Tokyo Game Show 2019 trailer for Castlevania: Grimoire of Souls.

Here is an overeview of the game, via its official website:

About

Iconic characters from the classic Castlevania series return! A new entry in the beloved franchise arrives exclusively on mobile.

Gameplay

Take on the demonic horde as your favorite characters from the Castlevania series! Master each character’s unique combat style to overcome even the fiercest of foes.
  • Hack, slash, whip, and blast your way through Dracula’s army in real-time, action-packed combat!
  • A roster of iconic characters spanning the entire series, each with their own unique abilities and skills!
  • Navigate deadly traps and explore the world written within the grimoires!
  • Face off against devastating bosses! Work together to emerge victorious!
  • Multiple game modes.
  • Experience an ongoing, original story spanning across the Castlevania universe!

Bounty Hunt

Introducing a new multiplayer mode! Fight alongside your friends to defeat as many enemies as possible within the time limit!
  • Explore Dracula’s sprawling castle!
  • Defeat the enemies and collect as many coins as possible!
  • Watch out for tricks and traps!
  • Use items strategically to turn the tide of battle in your favor!
  • Beat the competition and aim for the top!

Story

Many years have passed since the defeat of Count Dracula, and humanity has entered an age of peaceful prosperity.

Until one day, Genya Arikado receives a mysterious letter.

“The Grimoires have awoken, and the world is being consumed by darkness. I implore you, please come to our aid!”

Wary of what may be lying in wait before him, Genya Arikado ventures forth into the moonlit night.

Characters

The core narrative is centered around Genya Arikado. Within the narrative, you will be able to play as, and alongside many iconic characters across the Castlevania series.
  • Genya Arikado – A dignified figure working in the shadows of the Japanese government. Few are aware of his existence, or his role as one of the few remaining safeguards preventing the resurrection of Dracula. He is a man with astonishingly beautiful features, but a cold temperament that few can overcome.
  • And more… including Alucard, Simon, Charlotte, Shanoa, and Maria.

https://gematsu.com/2019/09/castleva...s-2019-trailer
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 09-12-2019, 10:29 PM   #2
Nem
Smash bro!

Stinks of phone game.

This isn't a good reason to get a switch. I'd say the Xenoblade games would be much better incentive. Even so, Nintendo has been falling from grace in my eyes. Xeno and Zelda are the only things i care about from them, wich is not a bad thing, but when their console is overpriced for what it is and 3rd party support is just ports of old games, it becomes difficult to justify the purchase.

I do wish they tried to have a system as powerful as the competition once more, so they could have all 3rd party games at the same time the others do.
Old 09-12-2019, 11:18 PM   #3
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Their next system could be like that. Make a more powerful hub docking station, that allows streaming like the wii u did from that Hub if you're near it so you get your full graphics instead of lowering them.

and then have handheld mode game transfer, which will make certain games run in handheld mode on the go. Just have it games that require more handheld to run just can't go in handheld mode only streaming mode near the hub/dock.

I'm surprised they didn't think of this with the switch, it wouldn't be too hard for them to figure this out and do.

Some games on the PS3 were like that, play on the PSP/Vita and then transfer your save back to the PS3 version.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote