The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 08-21-2019, 02:04 AM   #1
Rubeus

The One Punch Man game will have a mechanic where you have to survive until Saitama

So he must have super high defense to withstand all the attacks?

Click for full size

Quote:
The One Punch Man game will have a mechanic where you have to survive until Saitama arrives

One Punch Man's big gimmick is that Saitama, the main character, can defeat his opponents with a single punch. How do you build a game around that? By filling it with a ton of other interesting characters in that same world.

That's the angle Bandai Namco is going with anyway, and they're really embracing it with the whole "Hero Arrival System" motif. The gist is that by "fighting better" and blocking attacks to survive as best you can, Saitama will eventually make his way to the battlefield and let your opponents have it.

It's a clever way to introduce a core concept of the series without sacrificing part of his identity. It'll be on display in the "Free Battle Mode" portion of the game, while focuses on 3v3 combat. In a celebration of characters not named Saitama, Bandai Namco has also revealed that Terrible Tornado, Silverfang, and Atomic Samurai are joining the fray.

One Punch Man: A Hero Nobody Knows has no release date yet, but is confirmed for PC, PS4, and Xbox One. It's being handled by Spike Chunsoft, veteran developer of droves of RPGs and brawlers.

https://www.destructoid.com/the-one-...s-564326.phtml
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 08-21-2019, 02:33 AM   #2
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Different, anyways.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 09:41 PM   #3
Nem
Smash bro!

Saitama is super strong and mostly invincible. I haven't kept up with the manga but it hasn't been explained why, but we can guess someone experimented on him without him having realised, resulting in his super powers.
Old 08-22-2019, 12:38 AM   #4
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Nah, they didn't explain anything.

But, one of the monsters claims to be given powers from God to kill humans. Which is what I think Saitama is. But, they might not explain at all where his powers come from. Probably just keep the stupid reason of he exercised every day. lol
Old 08-22-2019, 09:22 AM   #5
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

OPM was the first anime I've watched since Trigun because everyone wouldn't shut up about it and I'm glad I did. It's just a damned fun watch. Not sure how good the game will be though.
When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! 'I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?' Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's going to burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm going to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
BlindMaphisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 10:49 PM   #6
spider-prime

if you like OPM, look up Mob Psycho 100, by the same author and has hints that it's in the same universe as OPM too, sorta.
Old 08-23-2019, 11:04 AM   #7
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Checked to see if they have Mob Psycho 100 on netflix and they have a live action one. Is that the one you're talking about or do I need to find the animated.
When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! 'I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?' Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's going to burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm going to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
BlindMaphisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 10:35 PM   #8
spider-prime

anime one, the live action isn't that good.

There are two seasons to it at the moment. It's on funimation now and crunchyroll to watch, pretty sure both are free but with ads and paid to get rid of ads.