The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 02-07-2012, 12:34 AM   #4201
Alucard

Fuck all of you. Death of superman story was excellent. So was the Doomsday one later on that told of how he became. Ignoring the whole return of Robin, the way they wrote it was very good.

Also to hell with everyone who didnt like energy Superman. He looked cool, was cool, and each comic he had fuck all idea what he was doing and mostly only won by fluke. Unlike normal superman whos fucking boring as and can just throw a moon at the villain and win, but doesnt because writers try their hardest to make superman look like he might have trouble winning, which is why in that shit justice league animated series he keeps getting knocked out. He's on par with fucking Lana from smallville.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:40 AM   #4202
javi

He's finally back!

Other Shows Watching: Arrow, The Blacklist, Doctor Who, Fear The Walking Dead, The Flash, Gotham, Into the Badlands, Once Upon a Time, The Walking Dead
javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:51 AM   #4203
Joe Redifer
Olé!

I don't like the Old Spice ads with that guy, whoever he is.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:53 AM   #4204
Badrats Studio
Hate it or Love it ヽ(•̀ω•́ )ゝ✧

Location: Medan, Sumatera Utara, Republic Indonesia, South-East Asia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
Also to hell with everyone who didnt like energy Superman. He looked cool, was cool, and each comic he had fuck all idea what he was doing and mostly only won by fluke.
I keep asking the same thing.
Currently Playing : Final Fantasy IX [PS1] - /random shit [PS3]
Badrats Studio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:13 AM   #4205
Alucard

Most of the idiots that complained didnt even read the comics. They just didnt want their 'american symbol' to be changed. Lets ignore that during that period the superman comic sold better then it had ever done before or since. When they changed him back because they gutlessly fell back on their plan to keep him as he was, the sales once again dropped. Fuck you DC.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:41 PM   #4206
Drunken Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
Lets ignore that during that period the superman comic sold better then it had ever done before or since.
Yes, let's do that. Because sales are not always an indicator of quality.

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:45 PM   #4207
Alucard

Clearly in this case it was, ergo I am correct and you are out of the kitchen.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:48 PM   #4208
Drunken Savior

Lulz.

Anyways, I'll stay out of the kitchen, I guess. It's not really my domain, ma'am.

Games I'm hyped for

Current Platforms:
Old 02-07-2012, 09:55 PM   #4209
Kiuju2k
Oh no!

Man that was where I was going to begin my rant. Energy Superman to me, was the true beginning of the end for Superman. That was DC's way of giving up on doing anything with the character. When you think about it Superman is a bad ass and the ways they have been handling him have been horrible. They think if they give him a new weakness, marry him off, add more kryptonians and or other bad asses, that it will sell, it all is just the same shit. Superman fisticuffs, and I know a lot of Superman fans are tired of that. It's funny because Superman is the basic power set for all super heroes and you would think they would have an easier time handling him, but they fucking haven't.

When shit gets stagnant with Batman, you can do a lot more with him and new characters or challenges, you know, something, call Paul Dini. I have no idea why he has gone in the direction he has gone in the past two years (post 52 post Infinite Crisis), because they didn't fuckin need to. Now they went ahead and changed him again, it just gets fucking old. The best batman stories are when Batman is being Batman and solving fucking crimes and stopping the bad guy. They need to go back to that kind of fucking format is what they need to do and when Batman is at his worst is when he is doing some dumb shit that doesn't have anything to do with Gotham (jla,jli).

</end rant>

Zechin
Kiuju2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:06 PM   #4210
Drunken Savior

You better be reading Schneider's current run on Batman, then. The Court of Owls mystery is pretty damn good.

Games I'm hyped for

Current Platforms:
Old 02-08-2012, 01:30 AM   #4211
Kiuju2k
Oh no!

No I haven't, but I will take your word for it.

Zechin
Old 02-08-2012, 05:39 AM   #4212
Alucard

They changed superman because he had become incredibly stale. It was hard to write for him because they were running out of ideas. Batman its easier because he's just a man. Superman though can destroy planets. He's too powerful. And when his villain of the week is some smart person robbing a bank with a power suit, you just know its stupid. That was the whole reason for the change. It got people interested in the character again.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:31 AM   #4213
darren
... lol

British TV Host Tries His Best Not to Laugh at German Skiers Name

XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:38 AM   #4214
darren
... lol

you cant miss the nut job SAS guy .. wearing t-shirt and baseball cap in a war zone ..LOL

XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:13 PM   #4215
Kiuju2k
Oh no!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard
They changed superman because he had become incredibly stale. It was hard to write for him because they were running out of ideas. Batman its easier because he's just a man. Superman though can destroy planets. He's too powerful. And when his villain of the week is some smart person robbing a bank with a power suit, you just know its stupid. That was the whole reason for the change. It got people interested in the character again.
No you see he wasn't too powerful, they depowered him after every single crisis and even at the time (COIE, ZH) so there really was no excuse. What they tried to do was create threats that would require more than him just beating shit up, but when they did that, it required the fucking justice league. So where is the balance? How can you create a challenge for superman that only he can resolve that doesn't involve him punching shit? Answer is you can't, that is why you see stupid arcs. I will say some of the best Superman stories have been in worlds finest books when Loeb (yes that Loeb) was running the show. President Luthor was his only challenge that required more than just fighitng, however, again, Batman had to step in.

Zechin